Did Bama screw up???????????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, May 3, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Terry, the more you write, the more I laugh.

And contracts have been made up of coaches shows, shoe contract's etc for many years now, way before Curry was at Bama.

2. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

$100! If I win, you give me the money...

...........If you win, Carsonin98 owes you $100! :thumb: :hihi: :rofl:

3. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

No dice. Each of us is responsible for our own debt.

$100. On?

4. RedElephants

You didn't get it I dont guess...

Nah, I'm done with internet betting.

So far, an LSU fan owes me $100 and a Barner owes me $150...Sick of the panzies not owning up to their end. :dis:

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Whether you care to admit it...

There is a big difference in a school offering a figure that guarantees (as example) say 1 mill...versus a school guarantee that is 200K with 800 in incentives based on the success of TV, radio, show, camps, etc.

Additional money, above and beyond the school's guarantee, was first introduced at aTm with boosters supplementing salary for Sherrill. It was Curry's contract that was the first to have a smaller guarantee..and the rest based on incentives and how well he did off the field, past the regular season, etc.

You find it funny, ludicrous...name it. All I'll say is you have to remember where you heard all of these stories you are throwing at me.

While Curry may have been a big figure in the FCA in the 80's...the way he has been described and the events surrounding his last year at Alabama have been distorted, by the media, to a great extent.

It a choice anyone can make...believing what people say that were there...versus what people said that wrote about it. Fact is, the writers in the state of Alabama don't live in Tuscaloosa. And, to a general extent since Bryant, haven't been very welcomed in town either.

"Here's twenty, bury two."

You know...if I had a penny for everytime I said something about Alabama here that others thought was funny...or wasn't true....

Let's see...since Oct. of '02...I'm sure I would have enough saved up to give it all back to Brett and be a contributor 3-4X over. :)

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

"You find it funny, ludicrous...name it. All I'll say is you have to remember where you heard all of these stories you are throwing at me".

Hmmm, given you already said you weren't there, how does one dissect your "story" from their "stories"?:shock: pray tell.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In my experience, when Terry is talking about LSU and SEC football, he's telling you what he thinks. But when he's talking to you about Alabama football, he's telling you what he knows. :cool:

8. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

I got it. I just didn't find it remotely amusing.

Too bad you have given it up. It isn't like you are out anything. That was found money.

Besides, I would have respected you a lot more if you had just said "scared".

9. RedElephants

Scared? C'mon thats a 2 year bet....Lets shorten it shall we.

Bama beats the Aubs in BD Stadium THIS YEAR!

Bet: $200

You down? :extends hand:

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And if you don't think that wa sshowing him the door, than you're very, very naive or have incredibly dark blinders on. That would be like a manager of McDonald's asking a drive through attrndant to base his upcoming payroll on the comments thrown in the suggestion box in Opelika.