Did Bush invite Tigers?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscpuke, Jan 26, 2004.

1. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Yes -
    Something as simple as not inviting LSU will swing my decision. Throw in his ploy to give all ILLEGAL immigrants a free pass and I will indeed stay home on election day. I would never vote for someone like this, but will never for someone like his opponent(whoever he may be) either.
    It's called principles, and maybe if everybody had them this country would not be screwed up as you so eliqouently put it.

2. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

WMD evidence? All I need is the mass killings that went on in that country for years to justify the Iraq decision.
    Now, there is no evidence that could justify LSU getting left out!

3. OklahomaTiger

OklahomaTiger Founding Member

Illegal immigrants

USCPuke, were you one of the native americans that first came to the US? I find it contradicting that you recognize the mass killings in Iraq but don't want any immigrants to be able to enter. Maybe if you knew somebody from one of those countries and seen what they've gone through, you'd understand. Or maybe you're just too concerned about your precious taxes. Give me a break. Anybody who wants a chance in this country should be given it, free of charge. That's how I got here, and I'm sure that's how 99% of the people on this board did.

4. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

Of course LSU will be invited !!

Dang, what a no-brainer !!! I can't believe even 1 of you believes they won't be. All of this riled up talk is silly. One does not need a "source" for this information. Talk about paranoia. LSU will be (or already has been) invited to the White House and that's that. Period. Done. Over. Move on !

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Re: Illegal immigrants

I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what policy is being discussed here, but from what uscpuke said, it sounded like he was speaking of ILLEGAL immigrants. I don't think he was speaking about ALL immigrants as you seem to be painting as the picture.

6. OklahomaTiger

Illegal or not

There not allowed to be citizens, which is why they're "illegal". My point is that they shouldn't be disallowed in the first place.

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Isn't there a way to legally immigrate to the United States?

8. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

If we don't get an invite, well just another reason not to vote for him.

9. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

10. OklahomaTiger

A way to legally immigrate

There's a way to immigrate, but in no way is it fair and just. The US gives certain countries (i.e. Mexico, Canada, European countries) many more applicants than the citizens of third-world countries that desperately need help and our in our back yard (e.g. Haiti, El Salvador, etc.). Plus, it would be near impossible for certain Haitians to apply due to lack of education and knowledge of their opportunities. The only thing they know to do is hop on a boat and hope they can enter the country. So on the outside, Bush (and Clinton and other Presidents before him) appear to be accepting of immigration. But the red tape and limited access into the country makes becoming legal virtually impossible for people of certain countries. This is no knock on Bush as this has been our policy long before he was around. But there's a lot of innocent people dying simply because we have a quota.