Did Hester make any plays last night?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by crm160, Sep 12, 2004.

1. crm160

crm160 Founding Member

Just wondering if Jacob Hester saw any playing time last night? :helmet:

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Hester has played in both games. In the first game he almost blocked a punt. Last night, according to Hawthorne, he made some good bolocks and looked impressive carrying th ball. Hester is a player.

3. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

Hester was not impressive at all

watch in the replay

yeah he runs hard but he has no vision whatsoever...he simply runs into the back of the offensive lineman

9 carries for 40 yards...not good against a sorry sun belt conference defense

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He does run hard, but I have to agree that he looks funny running the ball, as if he has his eyes closed the entire time....ala Ricky Williams.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Hester looked pretty good for a true freshman that has practiced mostly at FB. He will never have the moves of a Dalton Hilliard but he does run hard and should improve with time. His main job is and will be to put a hat on someone so our RB's can do the rest.

6. philter

philter Founding Member

Coaches love guys who run hard as hell into the backs of the linemen. Sure, they appreciate guys who can juke and run, but those guys also take big losses more than usual. Guys like Hester that get 'de ball and run straight following their linemen are revered by coaches. Especially when those linemen can clean house like ours.

7. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

to say hester was not impressive at all is kind of harsh, although everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was sitting right behind him as he ran his first 3-4 plays and he does not lack vision as suggested.

I actually was going to say that I was quite impressed with him. It doesnt look like he needs to make all of the cuts some runners display to be a successful runner. He reminds me of Tommy Banks, the way he doesnt allow himself to be tackled. Thing is, he's probably 20 pounds lighter and can break one open more easily then tommy could have.

He will be a useful short yardage back, he can just run right to and through the line and will seem to always get the extra 3-4 yards somehow, even if not in the most flashy manner.

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

He ran into the back of a lineman only once.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He was also an excellent reciever in high school and will give us another passing option once he is more comfortable with the offense.

10. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I thought Hester looked pretty impressive running the ball. He will be a great player at LSU the next few years.