Vote Now! Did LSU upgrade the defensive coaching staff?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 15, 2015.

?

Did LSU upgrade the defensive coaching staff?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I just wished he would have gotten more of an opportunity to shine or suck; especially when Jennings was struggling. I know everyone points to the AU game as Harris' shot, but I don't think that was a fair opportunity to start him against a division rival on the road at night. Did he even play a single down after that?

CajunlostinCali and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. Tiredoflosing

Tiredoflosing Veteran Member

You cannot expect your defense to hold up when it has been on the field for most of the game due to a one dimensional offense and a buffoon for a head coach.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You ought to check your facts sport. In the Alabama, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Fla, Moo State and Auburn games we controlled time of possession. We had the ball nearly a full quarter longer that the Gumps, OM & Kentucky. moo State and Auburn scored so fast that the D didn't have time to get tired. Only Arky and ND was that different. The whole team sucked at Arky and the D never stopped ND fresh or not.
    Yes we didn't score enough last year but time of possession was not an issue. As many people as we played exhaustion was not a valid excuse in any case. Try again

DarkHornet, kluke, StaceyO and 2 others like this.
  4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I'm tired of flossing.

kluke, StaceyO, LSUDad and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When I first say this poll the other day I didn't know how to vote. Chavis was one of the very top DCs in college football but he had his shortcomings too when it came to giving up losing points on long last minute drives. I didn't really know much about Steele until after the hire. He is an upgrade as far as recruiting as Chavis really didn't recruit much at all. I have heard both good things and disturbing things about Steele. We'll just have to wait and see how he handles it on gamedays. He should already have a working relationship with the other coaches and be familiar with our defensive playbook. During the 2012 year when Steele was out of coaching his son was a GA on the LSU staff and Steele spent most of that year in Baton Rouge. The main area of my concern is that although he is supposed to be good at defensive scheming, he is not that good at teaching the techniques and fundamentals of the game to the players he has to coach.

That's where Coach O may come in. Not only a great recruiter but also a great teacher and motivator. Maybe he can find some time from his regular duties to help teach some techniques to the linebackers too. IMO O is a Grand Slam. He already stole the show in just 65 seconds at the introductory press conference.

I went ahead and voted yes but I reserve the right to change my vote if Steele doesn't prove out to be great.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Don't we all

LSUDad and Bengal B like this.
  7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Winston, you know facts are SOOOooooo tedious to validate. It's unreasonable to ask people to get them right when "proving" a predetermined point. You should try harder to think inside a very small box so as not to upset the true fans.

Herb, Winston1 and LSUDad like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats something you will never hear from anybody from Alabama or Arkansas.

Herb, LSUDad and kluke like this.
  9. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

Definitely upgrade with o.

10. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Not yet sure if O is an upgrade, but definitely will be a lot more fun with O.

Over the years, my perspective that O is a pure hOt head has changed and the more I've learned about him, the more I like having Coach O at LSU.

I'd like nothing better than to see Coach O not only succeed at LSU, but also move up the coaching ladder right here at LSU.