Did Shyrone Carey make a

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kjntiger, Sep 21, 2003.

1. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

statement for the starting tb spot? Addai ran hard but, Shyrone did a better job imo. Is it just me or does LSU have the best defense in the country? They're fast and arrive in a very bad state of mind.

2. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

either LSU or Oklahoma...the difference is, IMO, LSU has a better offense.

Anyhow, LSU is gonna need a lot of help. I know, one game at a time, but their are only 2 teams ahead of us that play each other...Miami v. Va. Tech. Ohio State will lose, but that leave Oklahoma, either Miami or Va. Tech, Florida State and USC.

3. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

We certainly have one of the top Defenses in the country, but it will take a few more games in the SEC before I crown them the best. Our D right now though, is playing as good, if not better than, any D in the nation.

I think Addai and Carey should continue to share the TB spot. Both are young, and it will only be to our advantage having two strong runners to throw at other teams. Addai being our outside speedy runner, and Carey our powerful up the gut runner. No matter what, we are in a lot better shape in the RB department than I thought we would be since Toe and Davis left. I would say our RBs are one year ahead of schedule (or much better than I was willing to give them credit for).

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Definitely. 2 weeks in a row.
    Someone, earlier, made an excellent observation that Addai doesn't attack the hole and compared him to Mealey. I really hadn't noticed that before yesterday. Could it be that he was affected by the 2 fumbles against WIU?
    Maybe not the best but if you're counting, they're on the first set of fingers. (To arkys: That means top 5

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Addai will be ok. We have to very good TBs.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Huh?

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

As for the "best defense" title, I won't let my biased opinion, and love for our Tigers get the best of me. I still think Oklahoma is the best defensive team in the nation...But, we are not that far behind. If we can do what Oklahoma has done, (i.e. keep a solid, stout, CONSISTANT dominating defense) THEN I will change my opinion.

As far as "needing help" goes, in terms of being able to reach the BCS "Promised Land", you're right, we do need some help. Ohio St. WILL lose a game--possibly even 2 this season, so that should help right there. Miami and Va Tech will play one another--so one of those will drop. I think it will do us some good if Miami wins this one--dropping Tech behind us. Miami and FSU will also play, and again, I think Miami needs to win this one and knock FSU behind us.

Oklahoma still needs to play Texas--as well as a possible Big XII title game. Hopefully, Texas can beat Oklahoma in the Red River shootout and, if the "curse of Texas" surfaces, and the Horns cannot (again), get the best of the Sooners, perhaps the northern division champ (likely Nebraska or K-State) can.

USC is going to be tricky, as there aren't very many teams in the PAC-10 that can hang with 'em. But Oregon can (not sure if they even play one another this season), and UCLA--considering their rivalry with USC, certainly is in the mix.

If things fall the way I'm hoping, it'll be a Miami/LSU Sugar Bowl for the national title. :geaux:

Of course, my fellow Tiger fans, all this goes for naught if we can't take care of business on our own end. We need to keep up the effort and intensity and not let up. We still need to do our part.

8. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

IMO LSU just needs to worry about the next game and things will
    work out. One game at a time because to go unbeaten in the SEC
    will be a very hard chore to do, don't get me wrong I think this team of ours can beat anyone of the teams we face but it is still a little early to worry about the Sugar Bowl.

Up next MSU.........