Did we "Finish" the game, or....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Sep 22, 2007.

1. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Did CLM call off the dogs too early? USC has grit they dont want to quit.:cuss:

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Re: mistake?

The story of this game is simple.

USC played the best game they could have played. We played about the worst game we could play, players and coaches. And we were still good enough to win.

I am very happy with the win, but the gameplay was subpar and the coaching decision to keep Flynn in this game was horrible. It was obvious from the first series that he is not ready to be back on the field.

The defense was worn out late because we called off the offense.

1 person likes this.
  3. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

not sure what his thinking was today. Obivously Flynns ankle was bothering him a great deal today. Why risk it and keep it close with an inevective hurt QB. Was he just trying to keep Flynn sharp for the rest of the season?

1 person likes this.
  4. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

Wow, that spin is something else.

You guys won; no need for the apologetics.

5. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

I'll say this, the CBS announcers were biased for USC, and I found that pretty bad.

They said LSU hasn't beaten anybody, yet they blowout an SEC opponent by 45 points.

6. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

I don't get it at all. Are they afraid to play Perrllioux in a critical game? From what little we have seen of him so far this season it seams he can be trusted to throw the ball. Did they have to play it so conservative because Flynn was hurt and couldn't really throw or run the ball? OK if you have to keep Flynn sharp for the rest of the year (would have been two weeks in a row off) then at least put in Perrilloux in long enough to put the game away and then put Flynn back in.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I have to admit not a great day for LSU, maybe thats what they need.
    But if I recall they have beaten #9 and #12 in the Nation.

Sort of a strange comment

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I don't feel that the gameplan was subpar. UL-Lafayette rushed for 252 yards on the Gamecocks, so it was clear that that's what we wanted to do. I'm SURE the coaches planned on throwing the ball more, but with the rain, it was obvious that it wasn't going to happen. Throw in the fact that J. Mitchell dropped about 4 passes today that if caught, SHOULD have given Flynn over 100 yards--easily.

Our defense was still getting pressure on the QB late in the game, but give Spurrier credit for calling those "dump passes" to the RB's once the rush was past the LOS and in Smelley's face. Had USC's offensive rhythm was found earlier in the game, I have faith that adjustments would have been made defensively. But when you're under 8 min left to play in the game, and you have a 28-10 lead, it's normally a great indication that the odds of you holding on for the win, are in your favor.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I said gameplay, not gameplan.

not even close to the same thing.

1 person likes this.
  10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Wups! You're RIGHT! :thumb: Sorry... :redface: