did we sweep Louisiana this year so far?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by K_Jay, Jan 1, 2008.

1. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

Was there any Louisiana player that we wanted this year that got away? Tyler Edwards is still out there, and we may or may not be after Lavar Edwards, but if TE signs I can't think of one player that got away this year. It was a down year for Louisiana, at least according to the recruiting services, but it looks like we may just sweep the state this year.

2. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

The closest in-state player LSU came to losing (so far this recruiting season) was Robby Green, but LSU backed off him and ended up not offering a scolly.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

LSU will not lose any Louisiana prospect that we want this year.

4. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

Out of cornerbacks that we have already (with P Johnson still being a possibility) Brandon Taylor, Ryan St Julien, and Derrick Bryant I really don't think there was much room for Green in this recruiting class. I do like Green though, he has good technique and is polished as you would expect form a player form John Curtis, but i think the coaching staff likes the upside of St Julien more and B Taylor and D Bryant are already better.

5. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

Just that we didn't have room in this recruiting class for Louisiana players like WR Laron Byrd, WR Khiry Cooper, CB Prentiss Wagner, DB PJ Smith, CB Robbie Green, OL Dallas Thomas, and Ath Jerrico Nelson tells me this class has to be pretty good. Those are some very good SEC caliber players.

6. philter

philter Founding Member

The only player we've lost since Miles has been here has been McKnight.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

LSU has had offers out to kids from the state that attended other schools. Commitments as well.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The D-lineman we recruited and then Saban got him instead, comes to mind (Luther Davis?).

There were others, but not many.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Luther Davis had his offer pulled after lying to the coaches. He could not come to LSU if he wanted to (and he kept calling the LSU coaches to see if he could).

Robby Green, PJ Smith, any other recruit that someone can think of, they could not come to LSU if they wanted to. Thus, we have only lost 1 recruit from Louisiana - McKnight.

10. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I sure hope we get all the in state players we want next year... being that the state is loaded...