Didn't really notice

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 6, 2013.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

But our Pass D is 3rd in the SEC but we are 11th in the SEC in rush yards given up.....

I think just shows how bad our Dline/LB's really are.

What is impressive is that we are 10th in the SEC for passing attempts allowed but 3rd in pass yards/game. Though that might have to do with the fact that anyone can run all over us.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Both Alabama and LSU have statistically very good pass defenses, but the kind of opposition they have gone up against hides the fact that they aren't that strong (Alabama 8th and LSU 32nd nationally).

When Alabama played A&M and LSU played Georgia, we all saw what happened. LSU would also get embarrassed by some dude named Bo Wallace, leading one to believe that LSU's pass defense is more suspect than Bama's.

Both teams should be able to pass pretty much at will, but you can still count on a balanced offense from both teams.

So while I think the score will be high, it won't be in the manner the Bama/A&M game played out or the LSU/Georgia game played out, which was mainly through the air.

I project both QBs to be under 300, closer to 250, and both teams to surpass the 150 yard mark in rushing, with Bama probably winning that statistical category (200+ and probably north of 300).

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

welter is the goat

4. islstl

when your middle LB is purposely trying to avoid contact by running away from the play or getting easily blocked, you will end up 11th in defending the run

but he does tend to be the first one there AFTER a tackle is made, other times he goes along for the ride for about 3-5 yards

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    shane0911 and didit like this.
  5. islstl

None of them dudes averaged anywhere close to the 50-60 snaps Welter is given every game

6. islstl

the state of Louisiana has never produced top flight LBs in forever, not sure why that is

we had to go to Georgia to get a guy like Minter, for example

our best LB right now is hands down Kwon Alexander, from Alabama

Riley and Sheppard from the championship team, Georgia

7. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Why not Beckwith? I know this staff is intent on making a DE, but his talent is strong enough to give him some time at LB even in a game like this. It certainly wouldn't make our LB corp weaker.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Shoulda been done long ago.

islstl likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't think we'll have 15o yards rushing. I think Bama will stack the line and force Mett to beat them throwing the ball.

10. islstl

I would have thrown him into the fire on the very first snap against TCU.

Not sure what Chavis was thinking watching Welter play MLB in the spring and then again in fall practices and settling on him as the starter (and to get the majority of the snaps). That's just crazy to me someone of that caliber (Chavis) making that asinine a decision.