Different penalty question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Nutriaitch, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Has anyone else noticed how often LSU was flagged for illegal formation "not enough men on the line of scrimmage"? I went back and watched most of the game again. They were legit calls the 3 times I counted. Who is blowing their assignment? And why are we still lining up with only 6 men on the line 3 weeks into the season? 2 of the calls were on that goofy ass punt formation we used a couple of times.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

can't say for sure-- I didn't record this game (for some unexplained reason--maybe a higher being thought it was best for my mental health to not have to subject myself to watching it again???), but I wonder if it's a situation where the player(s) involved thought he was on the line to begin with???

3. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

yeah that's exactly what it was. if it were a regular punt formation then he'd have been lined up right, but because it's all spread out and retarded he was off the line.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I recorded it and plan on watching it tonight. I'll try to remember to catch the number if the ref announces it.