Dinardo leaves a mark?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple Jungle, Jan 23, 2003.

1. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

the reason i said they might not require them is because of the professors not liking students using them. and yes it's probably because people get on the internet.

2. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

MOST classrooms have video/computer projectors by now at LSU....other technology realities of note....

1. we have a disability services department that sits in class and types notes for deaf students (there are a surprising number of deaf students here)

2. professors have the option to use a program called "semester book"...it informs students of their up-to-date grades, classroom performances and what they need to make any grade...there a new features added almost every semester

Now the REALLY COOL stuff from the Journalism school....

1. We have a $500K virtual television studio. It has a completely green set, so that we can create virtual sets on a computer. (i.e. the news anchors are filmed in a completely green room, but we can make it look like they're in a real studio to the tv viewer)

2. We have a fully functional control room for the studio, complete with separate seats for lighting, virtual set creation, camera switcher, directors and video input among others.

3. All TV programs and commercials are created using a program called AVid. Avid is the same program used to create most movies and music videos.

4. We have a terabyte-sized video server. That's one MILLION gigabytes. It's the largest video server in the world to date.

There are countless other little gadgets around the school. Our journalism school is quickly becoming the best in the South and one of the best in the country.

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

That all sounds really good.

4. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

i'm not sure there's a way to teach you how to be a left-wing propagandist by operating a camera or soundboard...if so, they haven't discovered it yet here

actually, we have a good portion of republicans in the school...even professors who have worked for the republican party as publicists and such

the top professors in the school concentrate more on molding good skills out of students...most time is spent on techniques rather than viewpoints or things like that

i had one professor in political communication who was clearly a democrat, yet all of his guest speakers were republican...go figure

he did have the head of the Louisiana Democratic Party in once, but he just talked about how strange his job was on a daily basis instead of any issue or stance