Dinardo's backup plan?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBayouBengals, Apr 9, 2004.

1. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Interesting that Dinardo is opening a franchise of a Baton Rouge eatery.....

up in Indiana. Obviously, there is a Baton Rouge tie-in to DeAngelo's Pizza.
    Good luck to Gerry & Terry in Bloomington.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree. Although the Dinardo experiment was a total disaster and it was time for him to go I wish him and his family no bad luck. Dinardo wasn't a bad person he was just in way way over his head. If it is the DeAngelo's from BR they have really good calzone. May they have much better luck in the pizza business than they did on the football field. A word of advice for you Gerry, don't let Lou Tepper run your business for you!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah never use a "drop" delivery guy, you'll get pizza all over the floor !

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I know someone who works in the DeAngelo's offices in Baton Rouge. It is the same franchise. They've been working on the deal since November.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

LOL

Just wondering if he realizes he should concentrate on his football coaching instead of the restaurant business, maybe his team would be much better. Could you imagine Nick buying a restaurant?

6. Please dont give him any ideas :grin:

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I have no problem with coaches having side business'. A lot of coaches succesfully do it and as long as it doesn't interfere with their coaching( which it doesn't have to), it isn't a big deal.....

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I don't know about that, Ditka is another one that got fired shortly after opening up his own restaurant. Anything that takes away from the coaches job is not good IMO. When you're making that kind of money you shouldn't have another job distraction IMO. I bet Saban works just as hard in the off-season as he does during the season almost, studying tape of recruits as well as LSU games and opponents games, etc. just like Mike Serio said about Hallman being such a great golfer and a poor coach. He worked on his short game when he should have been working on his football team.