Disappointing quote by Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats a great quote and Id be mad if he felt any differently. I dont want a guy striving to be 2nd best.

disappointing assessment by you.

4 people like this.
  3. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Disappointing may be the incorrect word here. What else should you expect from him? Oh yeah, I'm back on the team and I'm happy to stay the number 2 after starting 2 years.
    He's just saying he is going to practice hard and try to earn the number one spot back. Which is unlikely, but he will keep doing his best. Good to him.

4. Blue TurboDog

I fully expect him to feel that way, but given the events last weekend, it's not the best timing. It gives fuel to the fire that he is not putting the team first.

5. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

I don't know how to feel about this. Why is he allowed to speak to the media at this point? We are just giving more fuel to flare this up in the public eye during the most crucial point of our season. ...bad timing and can lead to bad chemistry within our team.

1 person likes this.
  6. Blue TurboDog

Note that I said disappointing quote, not that I am disappointed in him etc.

7. yeding

yeding Founding Member

"You never know how popular you are until situations like this," he said. "I was just trying to go out and be a college student that night. I was enjoying myself with my teammates. A certain situation turned up. The position you play for the football team can cost you a lot and put you in trouble."

"This was a learning experience for me. I can't imagine anybody in the country going through more than I did. But, I'm now wiser and more aware. God puts people in certain situations. I don't regret anything. Everything happened for a reason. I've learned a lot from this."

I support JJ as a tiger, but quotes like these.... From these quotes, he clearly hasnt learned anything from this incident.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

honesty is good. lying recently got him into trouble. maybe he learned his lesson. all the weak fans need to grow up and deal with reality. he will be starting if jarrett lee regresses like he did last week. because the picks are coming if it continues.

i see zero wrong with his comments.

9. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Yes. Hope the chemistry is not going to become an issue. Everyone on the team should know that everyone else is giving his best effort, no freeloading; that's as it should be.

Hope this one is a tempest in a teapot.

10. Darth

Darth Dark Lord of the SEC