Disappointing quote by Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Oct 3, 2011.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Every kid on the team is willing to do whatever it takes to be the starter. Disappointing that this would be newsworthy.

"BREAKING NEWS: FOOTBALL PLAYER WANTS MORE PLAYING TIME COMING UP AT 11. BUT FIRST ... A MAN WAS BITTEN BY A DOG TODAY .... "

1 person likes this.
  2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I am sure Mett has the same goal

He was the starter and I am sure he expects to be the starter again

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You think He doesn't ??
    You can learn from JJ.

4. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

I wish he would've waited a few weeks and had a few outstanding sequences in games before saying that. Until then, just keep it at, "I'm here to do whatever I can to help this team win a BCS."

5. TigerCliff

It is more important what Miles is saying about JJ !!

On Jordan Jefferson’s involvement…
    “We’re so early into the plan that it is difficult to figure. I can tell you that Jarrett Lee is our starter and our vision first and foremost takes Lee into mind. That is how we are approaching it. We’ll get to the other aspects of the offense later down the road.”

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Miles is going to play them both like he would have if the fight never happened. I think he's saying now that this is over , back to the original game plan. Jj will be getting atleast half the snaps and probably starting before the bama game. For everyone that wanted our offense to stay as it was for uo, msu and wvu, ain't gonna happen. A pro style one qb offense destroying top competition is a thing of the past. Let's hope a hybrid, two qb system will have as much success. We were treated to what could have been. We can only hope that what we have now will be as good or better.
    Lee would have done better if jj wouldn't have come back. Think of how it would affect you if no matter how well you did, even when you are doing better than the next guy ever has, the other person is always there. They have your bosses eye. You can't do enough ever to be in the position you want to be. Jj had no td's in six games. Lee has had six in four games with many drops. Lee knows that clm will give jj the job back. You know it. I know it. Lee knows it. Jj knows it. If you can't see it it's because you don't want to see it.

1 person likes this.
  7. TigerCliff

Below is the full quote- I don't see a thing wrong with a word he said and for those of you having issues with JJ , get over it ! He is on the team He was on the team He will stay on the team.

I guess it would be asking to much to just watch and complain after he is on the field causes a problem that is worth talking about.

TC

Jordan Jefferson wants to be LSU Tigers' starting quarterback - ESPN

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Jordan Jefferson says his goal remains to be LSU's starting quarterback and that he has learned a lot from his recent arrest and four-game suspension that stemmed from an August bar fight.
    "My personal goal is to be the starter," said Jefferson, who was permitted by LSU to speak to reporters Monday night for the first time since the Aug. 19 fight. "I am going to do whatever it takes to get there."

[​IMG] I can't imagine anybody in the country going through more than I did. But, I'm now wiser and more aware. God puts people in certain situations. I don't regret anything.
    ” -- LSU QB Jordan Jefferson
    on arrest and subsequent suspension ​
    Jefferson was reinstated last Wednesday after a grand jury reduced his felony second-degree battery charge to a misdemeanor. He then played in last Saturday's home game against Kentucky, scoring a touchdown on a 1-yard, fourth-down sneak.
    "I was positive I was going to play at LSU again," Jefferson said. "This was a tough experience for me. Sitting there watching the guys play all these tough games was the hardest thing I've done in my life. They did a great job.
    "This was a learning experience for me. I can't imagine anybody in the country going through more than I did. But, I'm now wiser and more aware. God puts people in certain situations. I don't regret anything. Everything happened for a reason. I've learned a lot from this."
    With Jefferson unavailable for LSU's first four games, fifth-year senior Jarrett Lee took over as starter and has helped lead the Tigers to a 5-0 start and No. 1 ranking.
    Jefferson said he felt that his celebrity status was a factor in his arrest.
    "You never know how popular you are until situations like this," he said. "I was just trying to go out and be a college student that night. I was enjoying myself with my teammates. A certain situation turned up. The position you play for the football team can cost you a lot and put you in trouble."
    Jefferson said taking a redshirt this year, so he could have a full year of eligibility in 2012, crossed his mind. However, he decided against sitting out the season.

SEC blog

[​IMG] ESPN.com's Chris Low and Edward Aschoff write about all things SEC football in the conference blog.
    More:
    ESPN.com's DawgNation
    Blog network: College Football Nation

"I would have redshirted if I thought I'd miss seven or eight games. But, I only missed four games," he said. "There is a lot of time left in the season."
    Jefferson said he is confident he can be productive for the Tigers, who host No. 17 Florida on Saturday afternoon.
    "I don't feel like I'm behind," Jefferson said. "I've been working out a lot. I've been in the toughest battles there are. I have a 20-7 record which is very high for a quarterback at LSU. I've been leading LSU for three years. When coach (Les) Miles puts me in, I can help this team win."
    Jefferson said he understands he made a poor decision on the night of the fight by remaining in the parking lot of Shady's bar, near campus, as the melee erupted.
    "I have to accept responsibility for being there," Jefferson said. "I know I shouldn't have been there, but everything happens for a reason. I'm a lot wiser.
    "I received a lot of support from different areas. Coach Miles and the team were behind me 100 percent when it was needed. When I get the opportunity to get back on the field, I'll do what it takes for us to win."

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I expect a lot of our soldiers in Afghanistan would take issue with this statement.

HWR

2 people like this.
  9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

It's always been about "me" with Jefferson. " I think I played great" after Tennessee. " I have won this many games as a starter" ," I have led this team for three years". Just like he almost always keeps the ball on the option. He tucks and runs on pass plays. He wants to be the man. Miles plays up to that when lee marches the team down the field to let jj run the ball for a td. That way jj can say " I ran for x td's "

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think he means it that way, it's just that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and it comes off sounding that way. That's the main reason he has progressed so slowly throughout his career. I expect him to fight to get the starting job back. I expect him to say that he wants to be the starter. Those are things you want players to say. I don't see his comments as any big deal at this point.