Disappointing quote by Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Oct 3, 2011.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I clearly said that already. Thanks for repeating it to me.

The only other issue is he didnt find the best hookers and failed to provide the condoms.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yeah, I thought, in light of everything, he would have been protected from the media a little bit longer.

I didn't see any harm in his quote either--just a young player, expressing his desire to be competitive--but people interpret things a lot differently. Right now, there's nothing people won't find unnerving in what he says. There's just still too much emotion connected to it all.

I think he deserves a chance to speak to the media--clear things up if need be. But in all good time. I wouldn't let the fires die down a bit before. But that's just me.

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The fact that he doesn't regret anything is the biggest problem I have with the quote. Even if you didn't do anything wrong other than break curfew. If it lead to such a HUGE distraction for the team, you bet I'd regret I went.

How hard is it to say, "I regret that this situation had to happen, and it brought shame to the Tiger nation. I look forward to competing and trying to win my starting position back, but I want to prove to the team I'm here for them first and foremost."

He could have gotten so much good will if he'd have handled this better. Now it just makes him look more self centered. Like he doesn't care about all the damage this caused to LSU's image.

1 person likes this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

The biggest BS line ever uttered by humans.

It is good that JJ wants to compete, however it doesn't matter to me what his personal goals are as long as the team wins. If it means with him playing, then so be it. If it means he never gets another snap, then oh well.

5. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

I understand everyone defending him, that he wants to be the starter...duh.

The thing I love about JJ is he is always a fierce competitor, I'd rather see him frustrated on the sideline than laughing or joking when he is playing bad. I titled the thread disappointing, because it gives fuel to the fire to all the boo birds. Maybe I should have used the word "unfortunate" instead of disappointing...:hihi:

6. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

When he first did the interview I saw quotes like he didn't regret anything or when he was asked about apologizing to the team and I new all hell was fixing to break loose.. Reporters intentionally leave out parts if quotes to make the story more controversial. After I saw the complete statements I got pretty upset with the media for reporting it the way they did..

7. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

I don't see how he could possibly get good will from anyone that that has the issues with him that I've been reading about.. No matter what he said people would still find issue with it because thus world is full of a bunch of cry baby momma's boys.. JJ is still young and is learning a valuable lesson from this, to be positive and think of this as a learning experience means not regreting what happened because if it never happens what did he learn..

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Clearly we have a thread full of them. Newsflash. An athlete isn't the greatest wordsmith. Neither is our coach. Both just want to kick ass. It's time to change your kotex and move on.

Every athlete repeats the I would do nothing different it was gods plan nonsense. Everything happens for a reason. It's the new Hi Mom. They don't even know what it means.

9. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

It is easy for us to sit back and dissect and critique his interview from a distance. But the coaching staff should have better prepared him if they were going to allow him to speak.

I have a couple issues with his words which have all ready been mentioned, but this is what really bothers me about his words and thoughts.

But Jefferson, a senior who was scheduled to start before being arrested and suspended eight days before the season opener, said returning to the starting lineup “is a personal goal of mine.”

“It’s very important to me,” he said. “I would do whatever it takes to get to that situation, but as of right now, it’s what’s best for the team.”

It is not "as of right now", it is what is ALWAYS best for the Team. I am not sure he gets that.

Just my $.02

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Whatever happened to that "oldie, but goodie," Hi Mom?