Disappointing quote by Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Oct 3, 2011.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

And .. this is the reason that he will never be an exceptional QB.

I agree with Rwilliams. I've said before, I don't like the feel of this.

JJ was wrong in how he went about expressing his wishes. It would have sounded a lot better if he prefaced his statement before making it, as in, hypothethetical pp - "i am so thankful to be back on the team and with my teamates, and I am going to do all I can to help my team achieve a championship. Of course, I would love to regain my starting position and will do all I can to earn that position back, but for now, I will do my part for the team".

I don't ever recall Jarrett Lee ever saying .. "my goal is to have my starting position back" after 2008.

Like I said ... RWilliams is correct .. in JJ's mind, it is all about JJ. The look of disgusts after WR's drop the ball .. the pouting on the sideline when he's not in, .. and now this statement of I"m going to do all I can do to get ....note .. not "earn" ..but get my starting position back.

This is the dynamic that will destroy Lee's performance. Hopefully KY was just an off day ... but if JLee continues to go down, I'd say it's because of this dynamic.

A naturally impotent JJ, + a deflated Lee = a loss or two because our offense is incapable of moving the ball and putting points on the board.

Ya didn't see ATM go to a 2QB crap last year .. nope, Tannehill took the spot and the Starting Senior rode the pine. .. they are the better team for it this year.

Oh well .. at least this defense is returning next year .. and JJ's redshirt possibiity is gone. Bring on the Mett and 2012. I don't know what it is, but there is something "toxic" about JJ's presense.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

for those who said this should have waited? why? to have a shytfit by the fans continue to drag on for weeks?

the negatigers, those that dont like jj, and the just plain "have a want to find something wrong with everything" crowd, were already all wadded. (the booing.) the media cant talk about football, they can only act like gossipy old women. so it takes a while to get calmed down from that, and then get all pissy again when the media once again focuses on, and distorts, what jj says. and it goes on for another couple of weeks.

so just throw some gas on the fire, let it flame and burn hot, but then hopefully burn out quickly. instead of do a slow burn for weeks.

personally, im ready to get back to football, not pissy fans. so im not so sure the timing was such a bad idea.

1 person likes this.
  3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

This is the answer. Miles should have written it on his palms and told him, if he even thought of deviating one syllable from the script, you'll never see the back end of a center again in live action. JJ did not do LSU football any favors.

4. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Sure ... let's get back to football Okie ...

What coach would take a 5-0 offense, with a QB that is putting up stats that the team hasn't seen in 3 years, .... and throw this drama into it??

Is that your idea of good coaching?? Is Saban still "rotating" his two QBs in a controversy??

I mean, there comes a time when you have to step up to the plate and hurt some feelings. There comes a time when you have to do as a coach what is best for the team, and usually, what's best for the team is what is working .. and you build on that.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Phuck Saban! Who cares what that POS is doing?

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Again...this means nothing. It's quotes from a guy who is just glad to be back on the team. I like the guy to be a little arrogant. Shows he has a passion. Time to quit burning the guy at the stake every time he moves or speaks. You know at this time next year he means zero to LSU Football come game day.

7. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

I think this train of thought and specifically the two bolded sentences are the most disappointing of all he said. Of course he wants to be the starter again. Why even show back up if he didn't want to be playing? But these comments here just should have been left to himself and not spoken.

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think he means he doesn't regret the lesson learned. Until you hear the question asked you don't know the full reason behind the comments. If you think about it he just didn't go on a 20 minute diatribe about his situation. He was asked questions and he was answering them on the run. I know of certain people who use a teleprompter to answer pre-submitted questions.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

This is the attitude that those that have a problem with jj see and can't get over. This was his attitude last year when he stunk to high heaven. This is his attitude now. It's all about jj. When something is bad it has nothing to do with him. He's always playing great, everyone else is playing poorly. I have that feeling that he doesn't make this team better. His physical abilities add to the team but his "I""me" attitude does nothing for this team. Last week lsu looked like last years team. We will look like last years offense from here on out. Call me all the negatiger or whatever names. I don't want it to but I am correct.

10. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

Quote:
    lsu_dane said....

How hard is it to say, "I regret that this situation had to happen, and it brought shame to the Tiger nation. I look forward to competing and trying to win my starting position back, but I want to prove to the team I'm here for them first and foremost."

Agree.