Disappointing quote by Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Oct 3, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

This is another example of the media leaving out the question and context. They asked him to discuss HIS resume as to why he think he can add to this team. So at least he followed instructions.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yep. that says it all. :thumb:

3. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

LSU QB Jordan Jefferson
    on arrest and subsequent suspension-Per ESPN

Most kids aren't versed on how to properly speak in the media. Heck, many coaches (i.e. Saban) have had to learn the hardway. Which is why I still cannot understand why coaches allow players to get behind the microphone. I cringe everytime one of our players has a microphone shoved in their face.

4. bhelmLSU

I agree especially when you are under instruction from LSU and your lawyer and what and what not to say. I rather have him interview after the legal stuff is over so he can go into more details.

5. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

LSU's O needs a leader and that is not in JJ. Just when JL is emerging to becoming one, this stupidity happens. I am still stumped as to why JJ was even allowed to share his thoughts with the media. Perhaps, JL needs to improve on his mental toughness when come to psychological situations such as this one. Now that JJ is back on the team, he should know that CLM will get JJ back in the game increasingly and perhaps he even realizes that CLM wants him to emerge stronger than ever competitively now. No knock on JJ's skills but what LSU needs right now is a LEADER. JL is showing progress there, JJ has shown regression.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I agree with Tirk

7. bhelmLSU

Well don't tell the players that. Go listen to their interviews. They all say he is one of their leaders and happy to have him back. There is a reason all the players were wearing #9 on their arms during the game.

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

And it's not that everyone has to always be Winston Churchill of the microphones. It just takes time to learn and get a feel for public speaking. I was listening to Trent on the P & P show yesterday and he had enough word whiskers in his comments to grow a full one. But he said all the right things and knew how to give a complement and stay out of controversial topics. Not many reporters are too interested in reporting the news, most would rather make it. These kids have got to get that.

1 person likes this.
  9. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

Then, we have a serious controversy in the making.....not sure what to make of that Bhelm but I sure do hope CLM is all over this one....I have full trust in him btw.

10. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

You know, this is what I've been saying all along. We, as fans, put too much stock in what we think is right for the team, and most of the time (especially now) what we think is the total opposite of what the team, coaches included, think.

What's REALLY happening here, is many "fans" are showing there true feelings for JJ because they don't like how he went 11-2 last year. I think if this young man had injured himself pre-season, the same folks bytching about him now would have been thrilled. The poor regard for the livelihood of one of OUR Tigers continues to be sickening. There is nothing wrong with this interview.

He's not showing his true colors. YOU are.

3 people like this.