Disappointing Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Feb 6, 2004.

1. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I would like another NC, I'm sure anyone here would. But as a 90's Tiger, I saw too many losing years and too much losing, so I'm just happy to have LSU on a national level (constantly ranked). Saban era students have it very good, and I think expectation on campus are probably at it's highest. I would think most here expect us to finish in the top 10, and agree with that. Another NC would be great though.

More important than any of this stuff about expectations. I'm just happy to see the program at such a high level. Saban has done wonders here. In the 90's, I never would have dreamed of NC, and several SEC titles.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

I second that roygu. Bama won't be down for long. But til then, and even then, but less often, we should get to Atl more that not. You can't expect to win the west every year because every so often one team will be unusually good, plus the screwy scheduling may have us play UGA, UF and UT and Bama/Ark/Auburn play UK, Vandy, and USC.

I'll pay more attention to HOW we play. Obviously, getting to the NC game includes some luck.

I wouldnt be surprised if no one touches us next year. We dominated all but UF, Ole Miss and UGA (first game). I expect our D to be better than last year and I wouldn't be surprised if our O is better. Mauck lived off the coat tails of the D. Hopefully, we get a qb that can take it too a D.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Ditto LSUfan:D

4. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

I want us to be comp. on a national level. I want us to compete in the NC, BCS Bowl, SEC Champ game every year for the next three years. I want to avoid a losing season this year because outsiders might see last year as a fluke and that can hurt us now that we are getting so much more positive press. We have just returned to the national stage and in order to deserve the reputation we want (and have earned) we need to be dominant the next couple of years.

But there is one thing I want more than anything from next season. To meet USC in a bowl game and shove a football so far up their asses that their eyes pop out. Nuf said.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Huh?...lived off the coat tail of the D? Naw, don't think so. Go back and check Mauck's numbers, you'll see that he was quite a productive qb.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i agree, he was productive. but too often when we were up against a good D he didnt have what it takes. he was a good college qb, but put eli manning on this team and i think we do better.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Better than what??? Winning the National Championship??
    Yes Mauck sucked against Florida but so did the rest of the offense. Eli didn't have such a great day against a great defense either.

8. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

Beating USC in a NC game would be great. Even better would for them to fall apart, and LSU to keep winning. This year will be hard with the schedule on the road. The following year should be the year LSU crushes eveyone. 2004 will be great I would love to see LSU win the SEC again and get to the NC game.

9. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Atlanta and a 10-3 season coming up would be huge with 2 freshmen QB's. I think the first 5 games tells us a lot about the '04 team.

Atlanta without question, should either QB play as well as Leak played last year. He also cost them 2 or 3 games...and he was the top ranked QB coming out the same year Jamarcus was #5 and Flynn #10.

10. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

My expectations are to be in the SEC Championship game almost every year for the next several seasons. This is reasonable because the other programs in the West are so far behind ours, and because this is something that we can reasonably control (by beating the teams we will be favored to beat).

It doesn't take several NC's to make an "Elite Program", FL and FL St are proof of that. Win the SEC 6 times in 10 years (like FL did from 91-00), and everyone will know you have an elite program. Winning NC's involves having things go your way that you do not always control (short of going undefeated year in and year out which is unrealistic).

IMO success revolves around winning the SEC, and if you consistantly reach that level a NC will be icing on the cake, just ask TN, FL, and most importantly.... FOREVER LSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!