Disappointing Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Feb 6, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

There is a big difference between setting our sites on the NC versus expecting it to happen every year. Not many teams win back-to-back NCs.

Would you be disappointed if we have a 10 year run like Florida had? Or how about FSU?

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to win more NCs ... but I'm not going to be disappointed if we continue to win 10+ games and SEC championships. Doing that will put us in a position to contend for the NC!

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Living in the Knoxville area, I have seen the evils of expecting great success each year. Many fans here are ready to unload Fulmer & Co. because they are only winning 9 or 10 games a year. I just hope we don't get to the point that we want to run off Coach Saban because he doesn't win another NC next season. Maybe we will...but let's not be too upset if it doesn't happen again next year. It may be 2005...:D

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Watching the Tigers play hard to the very end of every game and not losing it in the 4th quarter will be nice. Losing to a team that is better will not disappoint. Losing because we gave up will. Saban will never let his team give up. That is the greatest thing to happen to LSU football in a long time.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Re: Re: Disappointing Season

Exactly! I'm old enough to remember the chants of "Help Mac Pack" ... he consistently won, but couldn't beat Bama. But who beat Bama back in those days??

Except for a few good years with Arnsbarger, it took us 6 coaches and 20 years to recover ...