Discarded Decorations

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dallastigers, Apr 25, 2004.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I don't think he was downplaying Vietnam. I also don't think anyone will go so far as to openly criticize Kerry being at Vietnam...

But there have been numerous people (that fought beside him) that said that the same injuries that he got purple hearts for, other people wouldn't have missed a day of fighting...Now, I am not saying that is true, nor am I going to use that against Kerry yet...But those are strong words from people that fought with him....They also said that Kerry wasn't like other soldiers. They said he seemed to make his time at Vietnam a political matter and that it was only something he did because he knew he would run for politics...

Again, not saying any of that is true...Just saying what I read from interviews and articles about Kerrry's service....

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Kerry is full of crap. I saw an interview the other day where he was saying he did not lie about throwing his medals because he actually threw his ribbons and ribbons are the same things as medals. Sounds like serious backstroking to me.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't think so, Skippy. Does your mommy know you are on the computer?

4. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

Let's not forget WHO started questioning someone's military service.

5. Tigersmack

Tigersmack Founding Member

Purple.......

People need to be instilled with more fear about what will happen if a Kerry or Gore get elected. If either of those Chamberlain appeasers were in office we would have done the same thing we did after every bombing of the 90s........nothing. And that would only embolden the terrorists even more.

As none of you peace-niks will ever understand. True peace only comes with the use of overwhelming strength and force.

And as far as both of you, Bush didn't bring up military service ever. Kerry did. Now when ABC news brings it up to Kerry he hides and lies again. This guy is another say anything, do anything to win liberal who believes in nothing except power.

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Kerry is going to lose badly. it's decided already he is a fall guy. anyone willing to make a wager? email me at [email protected]

all this arguing back and forth is ridiculous. Kerry by design is way to the left. he can't backstroke fast enough to get towards the center enough to get a majority Vote. Gore would do better.

landslide

read it an weep.

hell look at this forum. :dis: :dis:

sometimes you need to just get a clue.

7. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

For those who question Bush being able to question Kerry about his service and his protests is it ok if his fellow soldiers do?

link one

http://www.swiftvets.com/

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Personally, I'm guessing it'll be a repeat of Reagan-Mondale '84. That
    was an azz-whipping.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Or even Nixon - McGovern in '72

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm not so sure. The popular vote was 50-50 in the last election with Bush actually getting less popular votes than the democrat. I don't believe that the half of the population that voted against Bush last time have become Bush supporters. Plus, the war in Iraq, the job losses, and the record national debt is costing Bush some conservative votes this time around.

I think it will be close.