Dish it but can't take it....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I'm not finding the link again. In California they were teaching middle school kids gay sex in sex ed and diversity class. Kids as young as 5th and 6th grade. I'm not getting back into that. I just don't want my kid exposed to that. I don't think schools should be deciding how and when I talk to my young child about things like that.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

who does? I don't want them teaching my kids about sex period. Gay or straight. That's something my wife can talk to my kid about.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Yep

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What about biology? How you gonna tackle that one Mr. Wizard?

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If the NAACP brings a KKK impersonator to their convention and he starts cracking n****r jokes, I'm pretty sure he gets tossed.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

There is a diffrence in teaching reproduction and teaching about sex in the context of a political agenda to promote a politically correct liberal viewpoint.

7. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

They need to have sex ed in schools,...they should just let parents pull their kids out if they want.

Few parents are actually educated on the subject enough to talk to their kids about it.

Oh, and on the OP...if I'm paying you to "dish it" at the other side, you better believe you are going to get yanked off the stage if you turn it on me.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

both in texas and here, we had to sign releases for sex ed stuff. you could take your kid out if you wanted to. of course, if you did, your kid would get teased bigtime.

in texas they called it hot topix.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

It's up to parents to choose how they present sex to their children in accordance to their morals and personal beliefs.
    Again, there is a diffrence in human reproduction and sex. Every student needs to learn the biology of human reproduction.

10. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Yeah...that is why the parents should get the chance to pull the kids out, it worked for my school.

This da truths...but it still is not a bad idea to have a sex ed class explain sex on a pg-13 level.