DJ Banks?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by offshoretrash, Oct 1, 2007.

1. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

He has good size 5'10" 170lbs (could grow some more) and from what I hear is really fast. He is only playing the first half of most games because WM is blowing everyone out. His stats look really good for the amount of touches he is getting.

What's the low down on him? Will he be a Tiger in 09?

2. PBTiger

PBTiger Founding Member

If he is a senior, no he won't be a Tiger unless he walks on. This is the first I've heard of him. Although, if he is a junior, I'm sure our staff is well aware of him and will be watching him next year.

3. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

He was at 2a last year and dominated. I hear that now he is playing against the big dogs he isnt doing as good.

4. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

He's a 2009 guy. My preliminary understanding is that he's a D1 athlete, but if he wants to play QB or RB, it won't be at LSU. It could be a Pat White type situation where he has to decide if he wants to play corner at LSU or a more glamorous position at a lesser program.

5. jrich71291

jrich71291 Say What?

He's a junior and his drop off in production can be attributed to the fact he is playing new positions rather than playing with "the big dogs". He is adjusting just fine IMO.
    For the question of will he be a Tiger? Not so sure I would count on that happening (based on his size), but if you want a diamond in the rough...keep an eye out for Barkavious Mingo...he is going to be a stud.

1 person likes this.
  6. offshoretrash

Thanks guys!

I figured if he grew an inch and put on 15 or so lbs he would he would be some one to look at next year. I really expect him to put up big numbers as a senior.

7. offshoretrash

I see where he is listed as a CB prospect next year. They have him listed at 5' 10" 177lb and 4.4 speed. I think he can make it as a corner.

8. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

If he wants to play corner, my understanding is that he will likely be a 6.0 or 5.9 rated 4-star.

9. offshoretrash

DJ had a big game tonight, he was 8-8 93 2-0. He tossed the go ahead td pass with less than 6 min left. They won by 15 35-20

10. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I saw him play last night against captain shreve...I want this guy bad....he's a playmaker.