Dj Mangas gone via Joe Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Feb 27, 2020.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Not ideal.

Panthers have hired LSU offensive analyst DJ Mangas as an offensive assistant, per source.
    Mangas played and coached with Joe Brady at William & Mary, and the two were together last year at LSU.

Brian likes this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

not a fan of that. really hoped mangas would stay..... guess it was inevitable

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Same here, but if Oeaux felt he was an integral part of the offense, he would have promoted him from just being an analyst. Since our entire staff from last year has been poached, it was really just a matter of time before that happened, especially since he was considered to be Brady's right hand man.

I realize losing coaches is just what happens after championship seasons, but I can't recall any staff being as gutted as ours has been. Clemson and Bama will lose a coach here or there, but not to the extent that we have. It's really a testament to Oeaux and the great collection of people he put together. And given that they produced the greatest team in the history of the game, its pretty much a given that this would happen as others try to replicate that success.

Also to Oeaux's credit, he's done a great job of replacing the talent that was lost. I just hope that they can develop the chemistry that the previous regime and are not just a bunch of talented people thrown together, considering how high the expectations are.

furduknfish likes this.
  4. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

The lost of coaches seems ideal for a rebirth and maybe a bunch of new surprises for opponents. Fisher, Herman and others have their scheme they seem to be tied to and not much for the occasional adaptation. We’ll see.

ROY_LA_CA and fanatic like this.
  5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I think the allure of the nfl and working in an established relationship was too much to pass up

I had hoped his dream was to move up to oc but not the case....

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And the money. Let's not forget about the money.

fanatic likes this.
  7. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Got to pay the coaches that got you there. $42 million for O. What did Munoz & Mangas make?

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

If Oeaux felt like they were worth keeping, he would have done so.

islstl and watson1880 like this.
  9. BP

BP Founding Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but, I think with one exception, every coach or analyst that has left has done so because they got a promotion at their new job, and the money that went with the new position. If I'm an analyst, I don't much care how much you offer me if I can become a position coach at a well-placed P5 school. And, you can't pay me as an analyst what I would make as a position coach.

fanatic likes this.
  10. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

He was worth keeping!
    He made the victory parade!
    He came up on end of contract and was bought out by the highest bidder joining Aranda, Brady and the rest ...

Now we see EXACTLY what Ensminger can do as he has the roadmap for success.

Mangas did 80+ hour weeks of analysis on opponents tendencies using New Age stats and collecting the scraps for Brady that helped us destroy the CFB world.

Of course he will be missed.

unclenick and ROY_LA_CA like this.