Dj Mangas gone via Joe Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

We only lost Brady and Aranda as coaches. We upgraded Faulk over Robinson. I guess you can throw in Dennis Johnson but again we chose Bill Johnson over him and while we wanted to keep him it was our call.

The rest are all analysts which we rarely pay attention to other team's analysts movement. They're on staff with the sole purpose of upgrading their position to an on field role so they're usually looking to move asap.

When you have arguably the greatest season of all time it's going to happen.

And you can argue we didn't lose Aranda. It's still a loss to me though. Brady was the one coach we desperately wanted to keep who left. The rest we literally could have kept if we chose to give them the upgraded role they were seeking.

Would have loved to keep DJand Munoz. Those to me really sting. Gotta trust O at this point though I think.

ParadiseiNC and tzanghi like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Munoz wouldn't have stayed unless he got a promotion to one of the 10 allowed on the field coaching positions. Oeaux hited Lineham for that role instead.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It does sting, but neither one of them were on the field coaches, so there's no way to match the pay of what their getting in their new positions.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  4. fanatic

I wish we could have kept him too, but how? Other than promoting him to an on the field coach, as an analyst, there's no way to match the pay he's getting as Brady's assistant. Analyst are not that well paid, relative to coaches. None of them make over 100k a year. That said, ours were generally paid more than at any other SEC school, so this insinuation that LSU doesn't want to pay its assistants is simply not true.

You don't think any of the young guns just hired and trying to make a name for themselves can do the same thing? There's already been a story about Oeaux getting to work at 5am and them already being there pouring over film in one of the media rooms.

kcal and furduknfish like this.
  5. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

No ...
    Not to the Quality Level Of Brady (Saints Brain) and his buttboy Mangas ...

They simply don’t have better knowledge of the game that Brady (and Mangus by Assoc) had after a couple years in the Peyton System

Can Ensminger swing the big stick?

Can he Monkey See Monkey Do what Brady did and break the tasks up among his new crew

We find out game 2 vs Texas!

I think we will be ok because Myles Brennan is just so f-ing good right now and improving in leaps and bounds.

Myles is gonna stomp some asses in 2020!

First big test Texas
    First big SEC test at Florida

I see a big play QB hitting bombardiers for 65-70 yard TDs all day long

6. fanatic

I used watch him when he was in high school all the time. I live on the MS Gulf Coast, close to Bay St. Louis, where he went to school. I can't wait to see what he can do once he gets his chance.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Linehan is here.

Mangas was nobody compared to him.

tzanghi likes this.
  8. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Except Mangas was employed in 2019 & helped LSU win a NC.

Linehan was unemployed in 2019.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  9. BP

BP Founding Member

Of what possible significance is that?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Stretching an irrelevant factoid in his pschotic campaign to cast aspersions on everything remotely connected to Oeaux.

shane0911, Winston1 and fanatic like this.