Do not be upset if this Saturday...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by L5UTiger, Aug 25, 2003.

1. L5UTiger

L5UTiger Founding Member

I am begging all tiger fans that i know not to be upset if we do not destroy ULM this Saturday.

Please remember that we are playing our first game of the year, and teams usually have lots of dumb penalties, turnovers, etc. with first game jitters.

Couple this with the probability that we have a VERY conservative game plan on offense and defense so as not to show our hand to future opponents, and you will get about a 15-20 point win as opposed to the 50 pointer that some are expecting.

That being said, good luck Tigers and avoid all those injuries this year!!!

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Excellent Point !!!!!

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Also dont be surprised if we don't cover or barely cover the spread. I think LSU is strong enough that when it gets late 3rd and we are up by 21 or more a lot of the reserves will come in and they will get some needed playing time. That right there will cut down our offensive output.

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Uh i disagree, our back-ups should be able to knock the snot out of ULM.......so I do expect a huge blow out regardless of who is in the game. ULM isn't even D1 worthy. If it is not a blow out I will be disappointed.

5. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

IMO, I believe the first team should not come out until after the first offensive series of the 3rd qt., and only if we're up by 28-35 points. These games are for fine tuning the team. In the aforementioned situation "unload the bench". I would give MR one series and bring in the freshman.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If we leave in the 1st team the whole time we could hang 70 on them. But it will likely be 40+.

7. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I also disagree, yes we will play conservative and try not to show too much, but thats all its gonna take agains ULM..remember that most of our 3rd-4th string could probably start for ULM.

I predict for the starters to play the entire first half.....Halftime score LSU 34-0

then they will slowly start to sub in guys during the 3rd and by the middle of the 3rd.. most starters will be out.

Final Score
    LSU 56
    ULM 3

8. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I think what he was saying is don't be suprised if it's more like the Citadel game last year where we won 35-10 and had moments where we weren't that great. A blowout yes just not a 65-0 stomping.

9. SiberianTiger

SiberianTiger Founding Member

At some point in the game you have to weigh risk of injury against getting the first team reps. I'd hate to lose a starter while up 4 touchdowns.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It will be ULM's first game too. Don't you think they will make the early season mistakes and dumb penelties too?

59-7