Do student sections have the right to be vulgar?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jetstorm, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I've heard so many stories about "that other message board" but have never been there. I will have to find it one day and see just how bad it really is.

I'm kinda glad this wonderful place is all I've known. Ah, sweet innocence.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It'll cost you $32 to find out...

3. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

The vulgarity at ball games is stupid. There are ways to chant and scream without cursing. Free speach does not infringe on other people's right to enjoy themselves.

4. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I think sometimes people can go too far. I remember one time a fan yelled at an NBA guy (Robert Horry, I think) about his wife having a miscarriage. I think we'd all agreed that guy should be thrown out.

I just see a guy who's cursing all of the time as a dumbass and try to ignore it. But I will admit that it gets almost painful to hear after a while.

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

To me, vulgarity in just about anything is stupid and unnecessary. The English language has enough words to describe or express anything on it's own.
    As one who used to cuss like a blue sailor, I find that I am more comfortable speaking without lapsing into every other word a four letter word of color. I don't need to do that.
    What the kind of vulgarity we are speaking of here is the result of immaturity and peer pressure. To me it's just like why most people begin smoking or drinking or even doing drugs. They want to fit in with the crowd, be cool, and before you know it, they're hooked. It becomes a habit. And of course we hear our parents using it and we want to be like them so we use it too.
    However, there are instances when the English language is insufficient such as when something looks or tastes like s*&t , that's the only word which will do. But this is not habitual vulgarity nor is it truly offensive which is what we are speaking about..
    Remember what the Bible says about your speech: "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth" Eph 4-29
    "What goes into a man's mouth is not what makes him unclean but what comes out of his mouth is what makes him unclean." Matt. 15:11
    Clean up your mouth's folks. I guarantee you'll like the results.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

LSU, 2003, BEST IN THE NATION AND THE SEC!!!!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

What a suckass post!

LSU just wins a National Championship and we get The Image Police in here patting themselves on the back humming choruses of Allelullia and exalting themselves on their attaboy behavior at football games. Buffy and Jody get offended by a little cussing ... too bad ... fuggem!

Let LSU fans holler holy hell and anything else they want till Armageddon sweeps the planet clean.

Keep Death Valley the feared and awesome place it is. The police do a decent job as it is in Tiger Stadium. Enough said!

7. LSU Stud

LSU Stud Founding Member

Right on Ramah. Also, all efforts can be made to clean up the student section, but when it comes down to it it's going to be near impossible. At least half of the students are drunk by the time the game starts and with that being said, people are going to be cussin'. If people start getting thrown out for using bad words, nearly half of the student section will be empty by the time the game's over. The crowd support will really help the team when half the student section's empty. If people are being belligerent, I can understand throwing them out, but for using a few words in the student section? Come on.

8. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Excuse me for offending you Ramah, but I have news for you. As much as I am proud of our NC, it means absolutely nothing in real life. It's a mirage, something you can look at but never grasp, unlike the reality of eternal salvation or damnation. I wasn't trying to be the "Image Police" or anything else. I am not even trying to tell people what they can or can't do. That's not my place. I was simply offering an alternative for people that worked for me. And I don't particularly find it offensive when people cuss. Actually, I find it kind of sad that grown people have to use that kind of language, to that extent, to express themselves.
    If you want to ridicule me for my faith, go ahead. I expect it. I even welcome it.
    "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in Heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matt. 5:11
    And that my friend, to me, is worth a thousand times more than any old national championship in football or anything else this world has to offer!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

9. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

I agree Tiger69 Ramah doesn't have a clue about what is real or unreal. I usually just read the posts and never reply but whe

10. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

I agree Tiger69 Ramah doesn't have a clue about what is real or unreal. I usually just read the posts and never reply but when a person has a valid point and is taken down by a man who has shown his foolishnes over and over I have to say something. We may not be able to stop what people are saying but we don't have to agre with it. I wish more people had morales based on conservitive Christian teachings. If we did this world might just last a little longer.