Do u ever see us going to war with china? (China's claim over the South China Sea territory)

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Fang, Nov 23, 2011.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

not to mention, we buy a lot of their shyt that feeds their economy. it is their cheap shyt production that building a middle class there.

i was talking with someone who owns a company that manufacturers in china. i wont go into the whole long story, but their middle class is growing, and i wonder if as people see more and more directly the benefits of capitalism, and young people tire of not being able to fully take advantage of it, will things change in china from within? granted, it wont happen over night, but will there ever be a point that the army loses control of the people and a revolution for democracy happens there? it will take a lot of people finding the courage, and reason, to revolt (not just the few in protest here and there), and that may not happen for a long, long time. but maybe trade will ultimately have benefits we dont see on the surface.

2. sonof504

sonof504 Founding Member

Title of thread gave me nightmares. Never utter those words again, please.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Nations don't war with trading partners.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not usually, but it happens. Both Germany and Japan did so in WWII.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I asked this same question a year ago. I read about how china was growing it's military and was starting to build carriers. Red educated me on the issue. China doesn't want a war. It would be economic suicide.
    All bets are off when the oil runs out though.

6. Fang

Fang Veteran Member

China wants to control all the oceans we might have to get dirty if they continue to flex.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

What evidence do you have of this assumption?

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The same evidence that brought on WMDs in Iraq. A "feeling".

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

China wants to control it's population and it's sphere of influence, namely north Korea. That's it. China doesn't want millions of north Koreans storming across their boarder needing food and shelter. China wants to keep Tibet as part of china. At the most china wants taiwan back as part of china. That's it.
    A war would economically destroy china. The population could revolt aginst it's government. That's not what the leadership wants. To think china is becoming aggressive is a false assumption.
    China is building up it's military. It wants to be the top dog in it's sphere of influence. It remembers all too well the experience of ww2. It wants to be a power in it's region. It wants to protect it's overseas investments and trade routes. I don't see expansion of territory as it's agenda. The days of countries taking over other countries and turning them into colonies are over.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

As the world runs out of oil , china may be forced to move into areas to secure it's supply. Until then china is no threat to America.
    Another thought, china is surrounded by nuclear armed countries with massive populations. India and Pakistan to the south have large populations, armies and nuclear weapons. China's major cities would burn if war with either would happen. China has russia and former soviet states to it's west and north. Russia would not allow china to move into this area. China can not win a war with Russia. Chinese cities would burn if a nuclear war with Russia would happen. China isn't stupid. Across the china sea is japan. They are protected by the American nuclear umbrella. So is south Korea. Tiawan also is protected by america. By law America must protect tiawan. Remember Clinton sending an American carrier task force to park between china and tiawan during missle test by china ? China backed down. China can not win a war with it's neighbors. They are either nuclear or protected by nuclear powers. To think china doesn't realize this is foolish.
    The only way china moves on any other country is if the world is already at war for the last of the oil. That day , I believe , will come. That may very well be the last world war.