Do u pull Russell if......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OVD, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geauxgeaux

geauxgeaux Freshman

been to all gaytor home games this year....

UF defense is "strange". every game - the starting QB has looked like a world-beater moving the football (but not getting in the end zone) in Q1/Q2. Less so in Q3. And UF defense blows them up in Q4. almost seems like a rope a dope thing.

I would strongly suggest LSU sticks with one QB all game. Russel clearly the better choice - Gators succeptible to the calm type willing to look around and then run if needed.

2. OVD

OVD Founding Member

Russell runs like his knees are on backwards. His best bet is to put the ball in the stands if no one is there.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

This is a joke, right?

4. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We only pull him if we get a big lead.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

It never ceases to amaze me. The man has the 2nd highest QB rating in the country, has completed 70% of his passes this year, is like 17-3 as a starter (or something close), has beaten Florida successfully for 2 years, and can throw a football accurately 80 yards standing flat-footed... And yet STILL someone is making noise about "Should we pull him if..."....

The question begs to be asked... "ARE YOU F**KIN STUPID?"...

And an added thought on the "bowl game record" philosophy... Anyone can go out there and have an exceptional game... Just like anyone can go out there and have a bad game. I don't see where everyone thinks Flynn is THAT much better than Russell when you've seen him play a total of ONE complete games and some change. Jamarcuss Russell is our starter and very deservingly so, and I think it kills some of you to see that, but that don't make it any less true.

So if he has a bad game do you pull him? HELL NO. If we pulled someone everytime someone screwed up we'd have a set of fresh legs on the field for every position for every play of every game.

6. geauxgeaux

geauxgeaux Freshman

field is WIDE open after 2 seconds of patience. get 3-5 yards and get out of bounds - do that 5 or 6 times on Saturday and LSU wins the game.

get jitter-feet - trying to force a throw or make a play without patience - loses the game (anyone heard of Reggie 'the predator' Nelson?).

7. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Founding Member

What is Russell's record in bowl games by the way?

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I can't believe I'm even reading this... :dis:

Did we bench Kevin Faulk if he didn't have a rushing TD in a 1/2 of play???

Did the 49ers ever bench Joe Montana when he didn't throw for a TD in a 1/2 of play?!?!

I know this forum is designed for discussions, but this topic is stupid (and yes, I know I didn't have to respond...)

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'd actually be interested to know his 40 time. Seriously. Ever watch the Discovery channel when they show a giraffe run?? Doesn't look like he's covering much ground, does it? Even takes him awhile to get going. ...but they cover a lot of ground when they do get going.

Like I said, I'd really like to see JR's 40 time compared to other "pocket-style" QB's out there...

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Last week, Russell waited until the last second to throw most of his long throws. I bet you Flynn would not have had the pocket presence and would have pulled it down for a 4 yard gain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.