Do you care that the government tracks your phone calls?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 11, 2006.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Foghorn Leghorn were president he'd sing "Well, de Camptown ladies sing this song, Do Daaaa, Do Daaaa . . . . "

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Rex, you put Herr Dr. Goebbels to shame, you really do.

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

This whole thing is pissing me off and not because people think the government is "spying". It's not like the NSA was listening to our phone calls; that would be nearly impossible to listen to it all of the millions of hours of conversation a day that people talk.

Thanks to the liberal media and over-zealous left-wing extremists, a part of our Nation Security was foiled. Why you ask. Well, now, thanks to this sudden explosion of publicity about the "phone number database," the people that should really be worrying about it are going to find a way around this. This leads to more drastic action by the government to protect the citizens of the great country.

The only good that came from this is that it showed at what depths the left will go to sucker punch the President and his administration, and proved to me that the left is incapable of leading and more importantly, defending the security and freedoms of the USA.

I was on the fence for a long time about whose side I was on but, the recent events have assured me that my vote for Bush was the right one. I don’t agree with everything that the President has done. But, I now see that my temporary inclination about becoming a moderate was hindered by the smokescreen of muckraking from the left. The democrats’ arguments are getting weaker and weaker and now have reached to point of absurdity that has become nearly insulting to the American public.

In conclusion, I have nothing to hide so I could really care less if the government knows what numbers I call. This is the same thing as Google giving up records to the FBI to find pedophiles. Once you sign up for a cell phone number, you enter that information into the public domain and it is perfectly legal for the government to look at them. In fact, put you phone number into Google and search and see what you get. So again, If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Tigerkid, congrats on being able to see through the left's tactics. The republican party isn't perfect, but it is not too hard to see which party really has the the best interest of our country as a priority.

You are right not to get suckered into the whole "moderate" trap. We do not need a balanced government. There is a bad side, the dems, and a good side, the republicans. The more true republicans we have in office, the better.

Now, the reason you do not agree with everything that Bush does, I suspect, is because you are a conservative. A true conservative will clash with moderate ideals. The way I see it, moderates are left leaning. People, like red, will refer to the middle as a grey area. I disagree. There is left, and a right. If you are not right, then you're left. Moderates believe that a little bad is good in order to balance out the right. Now, how does that make sense?

Vote republican, pray about your decisions, and you can't go wrong. :thumb:

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

This is the kind of thinking that keeps things from getting done.

I am not a republican or a democrat. Mainly because I see enough faults in both sides that I choose not to associate myself with either party. But on the other hand there are good things for both sides.

Anyway, the best, and only real way to move forward is to have balance. The reason most of the country hates Bush, including me, is because there is no balance in the government and instead of moveing forward it has caused the country to decline throughout his term. Realistically He could have actually been looked at as a decent president if there was enough balance in congress to actually pass some of the bills that had some really good ideas that would have strengthened our country or to block some of the stuff that was very one sided that has occured, and pretty much pissed everyone off.

This has given the entire republican party a poor image for the future. The fact that Bush ran a big part of his campaign on religion, and has yet to make a decision that would make one think religion played a part in it is also a big problem. But truth be known, it was probably more congress than him. Even though he comes off as a dim bulb, this is not all his fault. It is America's fault for letting one party control everything.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

:rofl:

You see tigerkid, this is what I'm talking about. His guy lost, so he wants our guy to me more like his. The left knows that they can't have everything their way, so they scream for balance. Where was the balance during the clinton years.

Half of the crap he says, in the above post, is just that, crap. I'm not going to take the time to break it all down, you're a smart kid, you can find the lies yourself.

He obviously hates Bush. He states that the country is so much worse under Bush. That statement alone shows his onesidedness. The dems couldn't get their scumbag in office, so they want Bush to take their feelings into consideration with every decision he makes.

If Bush is guilty of anything, it's not flexing his power enough. He does take them into consideration when making some decisions. In doing this, he forgets those of us who put him where he is to begin with.

We have the House, the Senate, and the White House. This didn't happen on accident. All too often, we have failed to make policy like we owned all three.

If the shoe was on the other foot, do you think this guy would be screaming for a more balanced government? I think not.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I guess you missed the part where I said I am not a republican or a democrat. In fact I voted for Bush. That is the reason I feel i have the right to complain, but also blame myself and the rest of the country.

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Doesn't matter. You've gone over to the dark side. Get thee behind me..:hihi:

10. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

LOL, ok look at it like this. If you bought a car that looked great, had great performance, and were sold on all of the benefits you would have by owning this car, then the car broke down everyday on your way to work, would you still want that car? Or would you trade it in for something else?

This is pretty much how I feel about the president. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: