Do you care that the government tracks your phone calls?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 11, 2006.

1. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

It isn't just the NSA either...
    I have seen stories in the news that police have broken down doors to people's houses. One was in bed with a coke can in his hand and was shot
    dead, the police thought it was a gun.

The second case a person was in bed and actually had a gun and was defending his house when he was shot and killed in bed.
    They were both innocent victims, police were mis-informed.

This is one reason I have brought this up in this and the national ID thread.
    If you think our rights haven't been eroded including right to privacy you
    are sadly mistaken.
    It is PERMANENT also....
    How many times has the government seized power or created organizations
    and have later abolished them after the threat was passed?
    NEVER....
    Not to mention the war on "terror" will go on and give the government more
    than adequate excuses to do whatever it pleases including POW camps in
    America if they choose and no one will ever question it?
    Am I saying there really are POW camps in America forming?
    I honestly don't know but I know enough about history to know stuff like
    this seems to happen when you least expect it.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

If the only other car I had a choice of buying was a total piece of crap from the start, I'd be ok with what I had. It's not like we had several models of president to choose from. It was either a F250 crew cab, or a mazda protege. I chose the F250. The Bush model still runs ok, it has just spent a lot of time in the shop. Freakin brakes went out. Transmission had a problem....It still runs pretty good though. Hopefully, next time around, there will be a Hummer H2 available. I'm sure the dems will send up a honda hybrid.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

The worst analogy ever on TigerForums.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bullchit. Objections to this program are broad, bi-partisan, and based on the Constitution, not political ideals. Funny how every time this administration screws up, some apologist stands on a soapbox and declares that this is all the fault of "the liberal media and over-zealous left-wing extremists". Wake up and smell the coffee, kid.

Do you even read the news? Or see the polls? This president has killed his party's prospects in 2006 and 2008. It isn't the "left" that has hurt this country's security and freedoms, it is the bungling administration in charge.

Watch the congressional elections this fall and learn something surprising. You are not in step with the American public.

OK . . . then please list your phone number and all the numbers of those you care about and do business with.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Those that did so in 2000 and 2004 have seen practically everything go wrong. Republicans running in 2008 will have to repudiate Bush to gain credibility among voters. This guy is making Bill Clinton look good.

Link -- CNN Poll: Clinton Outperformed Bush (March 12, 2006)

Clinton won on Economy, solving the problems of ordinary Americans, foreign affairs, taxes, handling disasters, . . . even honesty and national security!

Bush did get better numbers in one area -- 2 to 1 US citizens think Bush has done more to divide the country rather than unite it.

The nation is going to the light, Salty, the dark side is being left behind. Liberals and Moderates went long ago and the conservatives are starting to follow.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Red (and anyone else that doesn't like this activity) --

Like a wise man once said -- never argue with fools.

Any support of this program is a tremendous showing of ignorance of history and the foundation of our country.

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

"yawn"

We'll see. And if you believe that the left didn't try to spin this, then you are the fool.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The balance in the Clinton years was in the federal budget. The Clinton years were by-far more bi-partisan than the Bush years. A moderate in the white house is always the best option.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Bullcrap. Conservatives just don't bitch and whine as much as libs. We endured the clinton years. Libs and so called "moderates" have done nothing but cry since Bush was elected. You guys are worse than a bunch of kids.

Again, your entire statement above is crap, and you know it.

Don't call it bi-partisan. We just didn't act like a bunch of babies.