Do you disagree with any of this?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 8, 2012.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Newt is not a democrat who controlled spending.

2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Only as he was dragged kicking and screaming by the results of the '94 elections. He pulled one of the greatest political stunts ever....fought the balanced budget process all the way till he signed it into law then took credit for what Newt & the R's forced on him.

You know every once in awhile a trophy wife is cut off for a moment but as soon as the spigot is turned back on she hits the stores to buy more..

Look at Pelosi & the house Ds, Dirty Harry and his senate gang (hasn't proposed or passed any sort of budget since 2006) refusing to cut spending and now BHO pushing spending increases as we head to the fiscal cliff.

You know many misunderstand the saying "exception proves the rule". It means it puts the rule to the test (prove=test). Bill was the exception to the Ds as trophy wife rule. :p

gyver likes this.
  4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

This is a false statement, Red. I do not think that everything is the Boomers fault but there is no question that the Boomers are passing off a country in worse shape than the one they inherited from their parents. No generation, no person, is perfect, Red. As I have said repeatedly, my generation will have to answer to our children about our own mistakes. That said, the Boomers were fiscally irresponsible in their personal and political dealings. You have taken this much too personally and, as Winston has pointed out, you are unable to have a reasoned discussion about it as a result.

gyver likes this.
  5. red55

I have already questioned it so that is clearly BS. Try to understand that your opinions are not facts. I deny that the country is worse off than before and made my case in Post 73. How exactly is the country worse off? Are we not the sole Superpower? Are we not the leading economy? Do we not have a huge technological lead? Is the entire world not beating a path to become Americans?

If you don't like your opinions being challenged, then don't make them.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

this clearyl is not true. the question is why anyone would want to believe it was. what about a person would motivate him say something like this which is clearly stupid why would anyone want this to be true? the answer is people like guilt they like to think we are screwing things up when we are not. its why religions work.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Are you saying its stupid to take credit or not for your entire generation? Because the what I think. Who cares what does it mean anyhow. We are better than your people, What does that mean.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course, red already said it. large groups of people cannot be characterized like this, an even if they could, what would that mean? lets say we could lay the blame on this invented idea of a "generation", so what? this whole idea is pointless.

especially the idea that we are worse off now than we were 30 years ago or whatever. absurd. my grandparents lived nothing like we do. they canned their own vegetables. they sewed clothing. and they were not eve poor thats just how people were. we throwaway more shit now than people used to own. we suffer from having too much.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I thought red was arguing for his generation. But I think it's pointless.

10. red55

Not exactly. I was arguing that popular opinions and urban myths do not constitute facts. I also argue that generations do not turn over cleanly every 20 years. There are still Greatest Generation members serving in Congress! Along with Silent Generation, Baby Boomers, Gen-Xer, and Millennials. The overlaps are so huge that generalizations are absurd.