Do You Keurig?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, Nov 30, 2014.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That explains a lot. IconLOL.gif

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

shane0911 likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I have bought one cup of Starbucks in my life. Don't remember how much it cost, but know it was a few dollars and I was unimpressed.

With my Tassimo I make exactly the amount of coffee I want. I never have to throw away a drop, I never have to mess with grounds, and it tastes great every time. For this I pay roughly 60 cents a cup. The old fashioned way would surely be cheaper, but I don't mind paying a little extra for the convenience, especially when I'm happy with the taste.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I drank Community New Orleans Roast for years. Was running late for work 3 months ago and left it in the pot. Same thing happened the next day. By Wednesday, I decided screw it, I don't need it and it's bound to help my blood pressure. I can't believe how much my energy levels have stabilized. I have been coffee free now for right at 3 months. I miss the taste, but love how I don't have highs and lows all day now and my BP has decreased by about 10 points.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Coffee is good for you in a billion ways. But I dont get the lows so I guess if you crash it would suck.

red55 likes this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That's my experience w/Starbucks. Now that I'm retired I drink a couple of cups in the AM and I'm typically done w/coffee by 8 AM during the week. Typically 9AM on the weekend.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That was my experience too. I feel so much better when I drink no caffeine all day. I'm off an on it but I never stay on for long. I type all of this with a cup of coffee sitting in front of me right now because I couldn't sleep last night.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats why 24/7 gyms now exist. for insomniacs like myself.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have never had caffeine affect me this way, either. I sleep like a baby and have normal blood pressure. I make it strong enough to grow hair on your fingernails but it never gives me stomach trouble either. It keeps me from drinking a lot of fruit juice or soda which is far worse for us.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

You know what the crazy thing is? I only drink decaf and it still does it to me. I think I'm caffeine sensitive or something.