Do you prefer that Hasan lived and can now stand trial?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Nov 11, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm glad he survived.

1. He's failed to achieve martyrdom. Let him be an obvious pathetic failure to other religious fanatics.

2. If he had accomplices, supporters, or foreign contacts, we need to know about it.

3. He'll be tried and judged by American rules.

4. His trial will be another huge embarrassment to him and his cause, whatever it may be.

5. He can't possibly be acquitted with that much evidence and that many witnesses. If he's guilty, the military has a death penalty. The families will get their justice.

6. If he's found to be insane, the military has some very forbidding gulags where they lock away the loonies and we never see them again.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is America. We all have a right to a trial. We can't start stripping away rights... even from the POS's we hate.

I do like your idea of smearing him in pig's blood. I think he should have to serve hard time on a hog form before his execution.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

are we sure this guy was a muslim extremist? he looks more like a fat guy who couldn't get laid, and used islam as an excuse to get back at people. Look at the guy. He looks pathetic.

1 person likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He was born in America but described himself as Palestinian, wore traditional Arab clothes when off duty, he told colleagues that muslims had to fight America, he shouted Allahu Akbar!

Now, some prosecutor is going to have to methodically prove all of this, but the rule of the duck makes him an muslim extremist.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and looks like a duck . . it's a duck.

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

This has nothing to do with Obama. His supervisors have known for two years this guy was not doing his job. Army kept transferring him rather than deal with the problem. He tried to convert a patient to Islam as the solution to his problems, which is unethical. His supervisor at Walter Reed wanted him reprimanded and bounced out of the Army, but the panel at WR said it was too much trouble. He was transferred. That's an Army problem and that all occurred under Bush's watch (and I don't think it was a Bush problem). Why do you think this is Obama's problem?

6. LaSalleAve

eh, ok, good enough for me.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I was really being sarcastic to make a point.
    Our rights are already being stripped away and we are allowing it to happen.
    Examples, cities were citizens can't possess guns, second amendment and yet Democrats are successfully doing this even though a court ordered against them.

Other examples,
    California is talking about banning big screen tvs.
    Just wait for health care and cap and trade, then global warming.
    All of these will take away more of our freedoms.

Agreed, this is what a general did in the Philippines years ago.
    Honestly I think PC will be the end of us, we are too damn stupid to defend ourselves anymore!

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

evidently he also fits the profile of a nutjob crackpot that goes postal. middle aged man (not a 20 something like most suicide bombers), loner, problems finding a wife, recent stresser (upcoming deployment).

at most he's a muslim extremist terrorist acting alone. the "acting alone" part is significant

9. LaSalleAve

Yes i like the fact that he can stand trial, as long as the prosecutors don't screw the pooch. He did it in Texas everyone, he will fry. But i think a cool execution idea would be to do the following.

I like the pigs blood idea that was great so we will start with that to humiliate him. Then create a cage kind of like Mike the Tiger's cage and have a truck slowly haul him through town naked and covered in pigs blood, so crowds can gather and throw stuff at him. Then have the guards pull him out and send him the gallows. Have the gallows on a big stage and on the other side of the stage have a great death metal band. Right when the gallows drop, have some pyrotechnics go off and the death metal band kick in, and televise all of this and make sure Al Jazeer has a front row seat.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

cmon, this really has nothing to do with obama.

i agree with all of that. but i am kinda torn because i want him executed, but then again these crazies kinda want that. find out what he wants and do the opposite.