Do you prefer that Hasan lived and can now stand trial?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

he is in the military and subject to the UCMJ. He voluntarily gave up some of his rights while in the Service.

I really don't like some of the rumors i have heard that this will be transferred away from the Military and to the Civil authorities.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Okay, I'm good with that, however, NOOOOOOWWWW its okay to get rough? We can make them suffer now? A little water down the gullet isn't so bad anymore?

And just how should we go about obtaining that info amigo? Ask him maybe? Maybe a pretty please with a cherry on top? That should do it right?

I agree, he should have the right to a speedy route to a good molly whomping!

Again, so now its okay? But blindfolding them and stripping them naked was just so brutal? How is it okay to humiliate them now? Just saying.

I know some of you may have been on board with the rough treatment prior to this and if you got lumped in with the group huggers I apologize.

2 people like this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, perhaps a typical muslim nutjob. Perhaps a typical loner nutjob. Perhaps a typical stress-breakdown nutjob.

Can I get an Amen on him being an extremist? Shooting up a crowd is kind of an extreme way to react.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

on an army base at that, where most of the people have m-16s, but he picked the right place to shoot.

5. shane0911

True and not true, yes, just about every military member on the base has an assigned weapon, this isn't gunsmoke. We don't walk around with them on our hips. If that were the case joe would shoot someone at least 3x a week and the majority of the weapons would end up in the local pawn shop. If you aren't training or on the range, your lead slinger is locked up in the arms room.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm not happy he's going to stand trial. I'd have preferred for him to have been shot dead where he stood shooting.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The only good Hasan is a dead Hasan. Too bad they are not throwing dirt in his face like so many of the good soldiers he killed, so their families could pass by and piss on his grave.

1 person likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

no, the difference is this guy is guilty, i have no problem with the torture of guilty people. I just don't think people who are thought to be involved with someone who knows about someone else should be tortured.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I would love to be on a civil jury for this dude.

Yes your honor. I have read of the case but that would not keep me from rendering a fair and honest verdict. I BELEIVE in innocent until proven gulity.

You say there is quite a bit of evidence that he is guilty? Then drag him out and let the show begin. "IF" you prove to me that he is guilty as charged, then we will do the following while we await his appeal.....

Feed him well:
    breakfast-----sausage biscuits
    lunch---------ham and beans (with chopped ham of course)
    supper--------ham sandwich

If his appeal fails:

strap him to a gurney with a huge sow on a gurney next to him. Insert tubing to run from the pig to him. Just like a blood transfusion. The blood won't match so he dies anyway.

10. shane0911

I understand that, however check this out. Our unit put a lot of guys in those camps in iraq. A lot. I can't speak for every unit there but I'd be willing to bet that they are all about the same. We NEVER put anyone in the pokey that didn't deserve to be there and obviously had "information" that we were looking for. I know this because we would either kick down their doors and find the IED's, stuff to make IED's or other evidence that they were crooks. A good lot of them we caught putting in the IED's. We had this huge ass blimp with what I think was close to a one million dollar camera on it. (I won't mention the damn thing broke its tether and flew away twice thats another thread). End state is, they were bad guys. We didn't just roll up on achmed and say "yeah he looks shady" and flexi-cuff his ass and haul him in. If that were the case the population of Iraq would have been down to about 3. Our commander got his nuts handed to him by some big east coast paper, either the NYT or WP, maybe even WSJ for being a hard ass very early in my 2nd tour. From that point on we were forced to be extra nice to the bastards and it drove us absolutely effing batsh!t. We (1BCT) soldiers would be lambasted if brought anyone in without proper cause, many faced legal action and the rag heads were released back into the wild. My point is, if they were in the pen, they weren't there for sh!ts and giggles.