Do you prefer that Hasan lived and can now stand trial?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is why I don't want this guy to stand trial.
    All that will do is create more pain and suffering for the families involved.
    I don't think this guy deserves a trial anyway.
    I say this mainly because there were so many witnesses and evidence he provided himself.
    Like I said, smeared in pigs blood then hanged!

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

The UCMJ not Constitution in this case.

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

They just did not envision all the bull**** loopholes and delays.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hasan is a US citizen and a soldier subject to the UCMJ.

Prisoners of war are subject to the Geneva Convention. International criminals are subject to US criminal courts. What is it that you are objecting to and why?

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

a system without trials, even for those that are 100% guilty and everyone knows it, may be the most dangerous thing possible. i mean a real society-destroying precedent. without trials for everyone we are just a tiny step away from lynchings and anarchy.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You said that "Obama and the Libs have given them rights that Americans have". Sorry charlie. The US Constitution spells out exactly how criminals are to be tried and convicted in this country. It's got nothing to do with "Obama and the libs".

It's the friggin' law of the land. What don't you understand about it? We don't just have summary executions in this country! That's fascist, totalitarian, Nazi, jihadist crap that we don't stand for in this country and never have. War criminals have to be tried according to the Geneva Conventions. Terrorists and other common criminals have to be tried as common criminals. What's the friggin' problem?

If we can prove their guilt, they will be executed or sentenced to prison. If they are innocent they will be deported. But since all of the innocent ones have already been released, its just a matter of sentencing, trying and convicting the remainder. What is the problem?

If we don't have evidence then we shouldn't be trying anybody. The thing is . . . we have a lot of evidence on most of these guys.

If you are found innocent in this country you get out of jail. They still aren't here legally so they would be deported.

7. Sourdoughman

My bad, I didn't realize Al Quada and the Taliban were members of the Geneva Convention.
    Its too bad that others like Civilian contractors in Iraq and Daniel Pearl didn't know this.
    They had better grounds of objecting to the way they were killed!

8. Sourdoughman

No, I don't think they should be tried in civilian courts in this country.
    Military courts for one and Obama and Libs are responsible for them being tried in civilian courts.
    I never said that we should have summary executions in this country.
    But with Hasan I'd make an exception.
    Here is the problem, I don't think you and I can predict if these guys are guilty or innocent or what will happen during trial.
    If they are found innocent or the case is thrown out they will be deported.
    They can re-enter into our country to kill again.
    This wouldn't be the first time this has happened, I know its happened in Afghanistan or Iraq already!
    Fair enough but like I said above they could re-enter the country and kill again.
    That is one of my main concerns.

9. Sourdoughman

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sure it does. With them held at gitmo they do not fall under the blanket of the US Constitution. Close gitmo and bring them onto US soil and they do. Who is it that wants to close gitmo again?

There is the correctly highlighted phrase amigo, the GC, not the USC!

A whole lot easier if we don't have a bunch of sleeze bag lawyers running around trying to make a name for themselves defending someone who was attempting to destroy the very system that afforded them their prosperity don't you think?

If, IF, you have got to be kidding me. If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. "If" means there is a chance. I could give a rats ass if its 1 in a million, or since we are talking about your boy obama maybe we should use his favorite number "trillion". That chance remains. I will bet on which horse will crap on the grass before they get them all into the gate but I don't like those odds. They are NOT United States citizens, NO WAY IN HELL do the they deserve nor are they entitled to the rights of US Citizens. Case Effing CLOSED!

Ahh amigo, you will never hear a jury announce a verdict of innocent in this country. It is guilty or not guilty. Huge difference!