Do you prefer that Hasan lived and can now stand trial?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Nov 11, 2009.

1. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Sure, I've gone over the speed limit before.

I also think that most posted speed limits are too low and that the effect of speed limits on the safety of automobile operation is inconclusive, given that the fatality rate on unrestricted portions of the German autobahn are nearly identical to those on US interstates.

There was an experiment done awhile back by some college students that all went the speed limit, which I believe was 55, in each lane of the interstate, effectively creating a 55mph moving road block on the interstate that caused backups about 5-10x worse than everyday traffic. Speed limits are generally very inaccurately calculated and cause more problems than they fix.

That being said, I obey the speed limit 99% of the time.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Hey dont bring me into because someone else is kicking your logic around like its the world cup.
    Either you're a constitutionalist or you make choices within reason regarding the constitution, which would make all of it subject to gray matter.
    Not black and white as you just said.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I WILL bring you into it because you guys are trying to do the same thing.
    Its not like your logic isn't flawed either, everyone has there beliefs and reason with issues not just me.
    Well its grey matter then isn't it, I guess you got me there.
    Look, I have said my beliefs are that of the founders of the country and the Constitution and there are few exceptions to that rule.
    There are exceptions or circumstances to every rule and the same applies to you two.

If you are trying to justify what the left is trying to do to the country compared to the Patriot Act then maybe you guys need to rethink your logic.
    Many terrorists have been captured and innocent lives have been saved because of the Patriot Act.
    I told you that before Sept 11 I would have been against it but sadly Sept 11 changed some things hopefully temporary only.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

You know the founding fathers were pretty liberal dudes.

The conservatives wanted to stick with the monarchy.

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

FYI - and let me first apologize because this is really going to hurt your arguement - but I am not anti-waterboarding. I think it can save lives just like you do.

You may call me a lefty because I disagree with you and that's an easy out, but the hardcore lefties call me a righty for the same reason. I'm pro-life, anti-terrorist, pro freedom, pro free market, and typically like less government, but that doesn't mean I'm not above looking at all viewpoints of every matter rather than reciting the company line.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

You opened the door with your constitutionalist stance. Im not trying to do anything, its already been done and you did it. I just pointed it out. I never said my logic wasnt flawed, but I dont bash and then pretend like I have all the answers.

I wasnt trying to justify anything I pointed out your defense of the constitution when it fits your agenda. The Patriot Act and Warrantless wiretapping were just examples of your flawed logic or gray matter. Gray matter sounds nicer than flawed logic:hihi:

However, dont say your a constitutionalist then try to make the rules on the exceptions at the same time.

And dont get mad, its just a discussion.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Imho you blew things out of proportion, I pointed out that the Declaration
    of Independence said all me are created equal because of our discussion before when you said the founding fathers had slaves.
    This is a message board and people often don't get the message as it was intended.
    The only other thing I asked was a question and not a statement.
    I've never thought or said that I have all the answers, I don't think I bash either?
    How can I have all the answers when Obama seems too?:lol:
    He and I both can't have all the answers.:lol:
    I still think its pointless, I don't think I have an agenda, I have beliefs.
    Maybe I do?:redface:
    I NEVER said I was a constitutionalist.
    I think you have taken this a little too far.
    I think it is about grey matter which we all have and I think you guys are reaching!:lol:
    I don't know why you think I would be mad?:)
    I capitalized some things just so my message would be clearer.

Anyway I know you are a gamer, I have been wanting to ask you if you are going to get NCAA basketball 09?

8. LSUMASTERMIND

Man you know what, I dont really play alot of college basketball video games, because I dont follow it as much as I used to. I like to play sports games where I know the players and their abilities.
    But I will download and play the demo online.