Do you think Les really had no idea about his nickname?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Meathead, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

After the Florida win, Holly Rowe asked Les about the Mad Hatter nickname & he said he had no clue about it. Said he heard something about his hat, but really didn't know about it. Do you think that was true or do you think that is just him playing along?

The reason I ask is that some have said that he keeps playing JJ because he doesn't want to be influenced by the fans & media & he is keeping JJ in as a stubborn move to prove the fans wrong.

The questions about JJ are no more or less prevalent than the Mad Hatter nickname. In fact, the Mad Hatter moniker has been around much longer than JJ has been the starter. So if he claims that he had no idea about the nickname, can we also assume that he does not hear about the fans & media calling for JJ's ouster? Therefore, his decision of who to start at QB is purely his own & has nothing to do with what we say here or in the media?

2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

From my understanding he knew the moniker and when she asked him about it I thought he said, "I think it has to do with how I wear my hat." Which was his way of addressing it.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

He has an economics degree from michigan, the guy is obviously not a "real" moron... he hears all of what's said, he just downplays the significance of it all. He and the team as a whole will be the butt of jokes until we silence the critics, only way to do that is win.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

maybe he just acts that way so people will underestimate him.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

If it works, why not? :miles:

:geauxtige

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you know what would be funny, if Miles when he is behind closed doors sits in a chair in his robe smoking a pipe, reading and talks like the guy on masterpiece theater, and what the public sees is all an act.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

"I don't read books, but if I read books, it would be like reading a book."

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

SNL had a skit back in the 80's about ronald reagan who at that point was just a kindly softspoken old man whose mind was eaten up with alzheimer's.

they did this skit with him posing for photo ops with kids and then the kids would leave the room and then reagan would take over with all the aides and start running things like a guy possessed,bombing countries, etc.

it always makes me think of les.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

During that interview, didn't Les also say "there's nothing mad in (or under, referring to the hat) there" or something to that effect?

:geauxtige

10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQuhoG7fFM"]YouTube - The Real Ronald Reagan, as Portrayed by Phil Hartman[/ame]

even a pee wee herman show (not the kids show) shout out on here.