Do you think Les really had no idea about his nickname?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Meathead, Oct 18, 2010.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Definitely seems plausible. Heck, I guess it's hard to argue with a 58-15 record in 5+ years.

:geauxtige

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I posted somewhere before that I believe that he has some sort of processing problem (like dislexia...or dis-Les-ia :yelwink2:) because he can't speak off the top of his head and he can't make rapid coaching decisions off the top of his head.

One of my children has this and she requires extra time on tests and such.

This doesn't mean that he can't coach. He has that tremendous bowl record because he usually can prepare the team for anyone given enough time. I just think he struggles under the gun.

If I'm guessing right, I admire him for overcoming it and his achievements are all the more admirable. He probably just has to delegate the last few minutes of the game to a trusted assistant. There's the argument that he overrules Crowton a lot and I think it's a case of who really knows if he does or not...

...but there'd be a lot less end game drama if he did fully delegate whether I am right or not.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Blah blah blah I'm coming to eat Wednesday blah blah blah.

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Maybe he can get a note from his doctor that gives him some extra time in pressure situations. Like extra automatic TOs in late game comeback situations.

5. stevescookin

I really don't know what I'm talking about...and that's the truth...There's a huge amount of speculation and benefit of doubt in my wild guesses.

I'm trying to make sense of Les....and that's "sensLes" :rofl:

6. stevescookin

Allright !!!! can't wait. Remember I close at 2:00pm. :thumb:

7. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

If that's true, Les is one heck of an actor... 'cause he is giving an Academy Award worthy performance.

I don't think he's nearly as dumb as he sometimes appears. I do, however, believe he is stubborn as a mule and sometimes has trouble converting his thoughts into coherent sentences... and he wears his hat funny... :milesmic:

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Is Holly Rowe one of John Madden's kids? She kinda favors him, donchathink?

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

We'll probably show up around 11. Gotta get the boys from school at 3, so that means we have to leave there by about 130-145.

OK, back on topic...wait...what were we talking about? Oh yes...Ronald Reagan...I cried when he passed. :bncry:

10. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

A great gambler never gives a tell. He is the same all the way. You can never know what is in his hand or how he will play it. You may just see fireworks on the first set of downs. Watch for Arburn to hold back util they see what qb comes out.:tigereye: