Do you think LSU fans will factor into the outcome of the Georgia game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by chuckzilla, Sep 17, 2003.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I have been to almost 13-14 years worth of LSU games. I know the feeling. :D :D :D :D

2. SouthLink02

Why get up about it? Sorry guys, I just don't think UGA will be under the gun because they are in Death Valley. It's not that we don't think LSU fans are numb its that you all get so mad whenever we say that the crowd isn't a huge factor in the game. People get so mad that UGA fans are confident about the win yet if you go by the predictions, every LSU fans predicts a win. It happens both ways. I have been to LSU for years and now what it's like. I don't see any reason why UGA would be even more intimidated then other ones.

3. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

You're right SouthLink02,

I had the nerve to pick GA on the prediction thread by a whopping 7 point difference.

UGA 30
    LSU 23

How arrogant of me..!!

And to think that I must have made the silly mistake of thinking that UGA is ranked #7 while LSU is ranked #10.

I obviously must have misunderstood the poll..!!

4. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Yeh and how dare the odds makers say LSU is favored! Death Valley can rock like no other in the right conditions, don't under estimate tiger fans. Just ask UT about the SECC game where LSU was outnumbered 3 to 1 and still made more noise than UT fans.

5. SouthLink02

I know I know, I went to almost 15 years worth of LSU games. I loved every minute of them.

6. kennesawdawg

kennesawdawg Founding Member

only if you kill our young!

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Little bin ladens grow up to be big bin ladens.

8. hunt4heisman

hunt4heisman Founding Member

The crowd being a factor is situational. I have been at just about every LSU home game in recent memory, and the games where the crowd was a bit of a factor were games that the team came out and played well early. The intensity of the crowd is always felt early in the game at Death Valley, but if the other team comes out and scores early and makes a defensive stop right after, we do get a bit deflated as a whole. Personally, I think we should try to help the guys on the field even more when they face early adversity. Being a factor doesn't just mean rattling the opponent, it also means firing up your team when they need a boost. This is the one area Tiger fans, self included, could possibly improve.