Do you think Miles is taking Michigan job?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 6, 2011.

?

Will Miles be hired by Michigan after the Cotton Bowl?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2011.
  1. Yes, I think he will be hired by Michigan

13.9%
  2. No, I don't think he will be hired away from LSU

57.4%
  3. I'm in the middle and think there's a very strong chance he will be hired by Michigan

28.7%
  1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I think Michigan learned their lesson from last time. I believe him when he says Michigan hasn't contacted him.... yet.

My thoughts are that if Michigan wants him, they now know not to get between him and his team, because they will lose every time.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm kinda hoping he leaves because of all the stagflation our program has experienced recently. But I'd be surprised, nay, shocked if he isn't back at LSU next season.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

4 hours ago I thought no way, 3 hours ago I thought he was gone, 2 hours ago I thought no way, 1 hour ago I thought he was gone......

this has been going on since Tuesday

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

More like not to leak it, no? :lol:

5. LSUTiga

Nah, Bama has 3/4ths and then there's the rest of us. :lol: Seriously though after Bama's 22 then there's Tennessee13; Georgia 12; LSU 10 and Florida 8; Auburn 7....

List of Big Ten Conference football champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just looking at the past 6 years, Ohio St has either won it outright or had a share in a split. In the SEC there are 5 different teams who've won it.

6. LSUTiga

1 person likes this.
  7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Yes, a record for tOSU, similar to Florida's run in the 90's and Bama in decades prior, Oklahoma, FSU, etc..... chit happens everywhere from time to time.

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I voted no but nothing would surprise. It was more of an emotional vote than logicical. I think the fact that the AD doesn't have to work with a committee is keeping down the rumor mill. I really really don't want to Miles to leave even if it means having GC another year.

If they wanted Hoke there's no reason not to have him in house now. He wants it, San Diego's AD has come out and said he understands and is OK with it - SO GITR-DONE!!

But it’s really interesting - and I'm talking to all those who believe every top line coach (Pro or college) is ready to line up just to have a chance to come to LSU and that there's nowhere to go but up by changing coaches – to look at the last 5 years at Michigan and the last decade at Notre Dame. What does LSU have to offer that those two don't. Straight up answer now. I know we have a lot of talent on the bayou but so does the state of Ohio and the MidWest, and they’re rich in money and tradition also. Michigan just had a native son turn it down – last year people were crawling over each other to get away from the Domer Job – not to take it. Look at what's happened at Tenn, and Miami and USC. The college football pedestal is fragile and shaky. If we have a coaching change the odds are we’ll take a step or two back for several years. That means there will be openings for outsiders to make inroads into our talent pool. Stability is important.

But I have a little nervous energy to work off. So I'm going to do some research and make a list of Nega-Tigers to beat on in case we take a step back with a new coach. Does anyone have a copy of the book "1001 Ways to Say I Told You So" I can borrow?

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You should visit the UM boards right now. Not only Gruden, but Urban Meyer, Cowher, and even Tony Dungy are lining up to coach in the big house!:lol:
    I just finished the final touches...going to publishing real soon with it. I'll sign a copy for you. :wink:

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Well, definitely beat on me when it all goes down, even though I realize a nose dive is possible. I also think a nose dive is possible under Miles, but have to admit, like a QB who is under-appreciated, he just wins. And I think his case is stronger than an under-appreciated QB because he's been doing it since he got here (as stressful as it's been).

Still, Miles has been winning on the skin of his teeth since he arrived in Baton Rouge and I am still not confident those Ws won't be Ls in the future. I am a mildly revised negatiger as I have to give the man his due, I just find it hard to buy into. We could definitely do worse.

What LSU has is SEC fervor and really a fanbase with passion unmatched, SEC clout and an attractive recruiting base, a talented cupboard, no natural rival and almost a regional dominance that helps the future look bright. I'm not crazy about Florida's pick, but we are in a situation similar and with positive spin you can say Florida landed Texas' future coach.

Our current AD landed Trent Johnson, a nationally respected coach who seemed an impressive get, especially following his first season. He is struggling now, but his value is still potentially high depending on who you talk to. I feel like our AD has the potential to make a damn strong hire should Miles leave LSU. I don't know if you saw in the 2011 prediction thread, but my ultimate prediction involved keeping Miles, losing Crowton, and making an OC hire eventually driving the point home that it was Crowton holding us back this whole time.

And to repeat, if I had to bet money I'd bet on Miles staying. I'd be shocked to see him go to Michigan. If he does I'll miss the guy, so this negatiger grinch does have a small heart after all. If I only had a brain.

:geauxtige