Do you think Miles is taking Michigan job?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 6, 2011.

?

Will Miles be hired by Michigan after the Cotton Bowl?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2011.
  1. Yes, I think he will be hired by Michigan

13.9%
  2. No, I don't think he will be hired away from LSU

57.4%
  3. I'm in the middle and think there's a very strong chance he will be hired by Michigan

28.7%
  1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I really hope he stays. He's done a real good job here and we appear to be set up for a run at a Championship next season.

If he leaves I'll understand and won't hold a grudge against him.

2. shakedown067

shakedown067 Freshman

Would love for Les to stay. I say if LSU wins the Cotton Bowl, it's a 25% chance that he leaves. If LSU loses, he's flying to Michigan Saturday morning...

Now if we could just run Mike Leach out of town.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Michigan is just as bad or worse. A big part of Rich Rod's problem was that many stupid Michigan fans and a large number of idiotic influential boosters hated him from the get go.

There is no way in hell Miles leaves this gig for that mess in Ann Arbor

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I want him to stick around. The only thing that would be a concern to me is that even when his team was 5-0, 6-0 etc... There were still people running around calling for his head because he doesn't play the type of football they want to watch.. Hopefully he really doesn't give a rat's ass what they think, otherwise he might bolt just to get away from the fickle fans..

Yes he makes some bonehead mistakes, but other coaches do as well. And sure, his record wasn't spectacular at Oklahoma State, but look at what they did the 12 years before he got there.. 1 winning season in the 12 seasons before he got there.. The man knows how to build a team, and knows football regardless of what some people would like to think.

I look at it like this.. We have a coach right now that has a better winning record at LSU than any coach we've EVER had. This was accomplished in the SEC, mind you. He's also got a NC, SECC, great recruiting, and runs a tight ship. If LSU football has been around since the late 1800's and this is the best coach we've had, it's a very logical and realistic assumption that we won't likely find another as good for quite sometime. We'd better hope he stays.

1 person likes this.
  5. SabanFan

All good points, but you did not mention his biggest negative: He's not Saban.

6. shakedown067

shakedown067 Freshman

I agree there swerved. Personally, I love his style of ball. Shows a lot of faith in his players with the gutsy calls he makes. With the, all in, kind of ball he plays, it certainly upsets fans when LSU loses, but when we win, no one cares. He gets the job done, very differently from any other coach, and personally, that's what makes him a PERFECT coach for LSU.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Well, I figured I'd leave that to someone else... so thanks! :wink:

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I want him to stick around also, but I am in the middle leaning towards he is leaving. I just don't like the fact that this thing hasn't been put to bed yet, and Michigan still hasn't hired anyone.

9. SabanFan

Miles has already put it to bed. The negatigers just don't want to hear it.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, he really hasn't. He should.