Do you think what UGA has done....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerfanintampa, Mar 11, 2003.

1. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

is worse than what LSU did with Lester Earl? What penalties do you think the NCAA will levy against UGA?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's too early. Not enough of the story is out yet to really know. UGA has clearly begun damage control by pulling the team from the tourneys. The NCAA gives a lot of attention to institutional control.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Are the infractions more serious than what happned at LSU? Yes Will the penalties be greater than what was imposed on LSU? Not likely. I think penalties will be very similar. As noted by Red the NCAA likes the whole institutional control and self-punishments. I would expect some scholarship reductions and several years probation. The most serious punishment I could see coming would be a post season ban for next year but I don't think that will happen.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

When we scrimmaged Glen Oaks before Lester Earl's senior year, we all thought this would be a team to be remembered and talked about for years to come. Earl didn't do much at LSU or Kansas. What ever happened to Powell? I think Cole was a sophmore on that team. Well, we're still talking about them, just in a little bit different way.