Do you treat atheist like second class citizens?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bud Lee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

So it was this thread over in the free speech ally that got me thinking. It seems that the atheist really feel that they are out casted and are constantly being threatened with roasting in hell on a spike with no lube for all of eternity for their beliefs.

Seriously though…has anyone ever witnessed this? I mean sure I get yelled at every time I go to the all nude strip club in Woodville, MS. According to those crazy fricks my baby soft skin is going to be burned off by hell’s flames for motor-boating the strippers. That is bout all I have experienced though.

My token atheists friends, (have to have at least one in the group) hang with my ultra christen peeps all the time and there is never a problem. In fact, I would say my ultra christen peeps receive more ridicule about worshiping the magic man in the sky.

So what say you…Atheists are just a little too touchy, or are they constantly under attack?

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

too damned touchy

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think it goes both ways. Christians/and other protheists have extreme members and other who are laid back. I can see a christian getting in the face of an atheist and telling him he's going to hell. I've seen it before. But I've also seen atheists get in the face of Christians and tell them they're idiots for believing what they do. It goes both ways. All groups have aggressors.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

better yet, in the South, who is more likely to get flamed for what they believe, an Atheist, or a Christian?

I am neither by the way. Pantheism is the way to go.

1 person likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I have never discussed religion with an atheist face-to-face. So to my knowledge I have never met an atheist. Therefore, if I've ever treated an atheist like a second class citizen, it was because they displayed their inferiority in some other manner. :rofl:

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

hhhhhmmmm....I would have to say the south. Simply because I would think the atheist to Christian ratio is higher down here.

7. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Just tell them you're an Agnostic and keep them guessing.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I have never understood the conflict of religions and those who choose to not believe in what Christians believe. It is not for me to say who is right and who is wrong. What my beliefs are, are what work for me, but that doesn’t mean that they work for everyone. If someone wants to believe that the cookie monster created everything, or the want to believe that some big cosmic explosion set off a chain of events, then so be it, that is their belief. I don’t agree with it, but it isn’t for me, it is for them.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Treehugger.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am a Nihilist... Like in the Big Lebowski

[​IMG]