Do you treat atheist like second class citizens?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bud Lee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i also defend your right to have faith. i am not telling people they dont have that right. i am telling them that they are morons. same thing i would tell the flat-earthers. i dont want flat-earthers banned. i simply wont pretend that idiotic nonsense is anything other than idiotic nonsense.

again, if you and i were to argue anything, and i were to take a stupid perspective, you would tell me. unless the topic is religion. in that case i can take any stupid position i want and everyone is scared to be honest with me.

2. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

And here we go again...you filling your need to make the last post. I'm going back to posting colors as a reply.

Unicorn blood silver.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

my point was perfectly valid. if i claim that the sun isnt going to rise tomorrow because i asked it not to, you cannot prove i am wrong, at least not now. that doesnt mean my opinion is not worth scorn. same with your stupid religion nonsense.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"i am telling them that they are moron"

And this is exactly where you and I grossly disagree.

Back to arguing LSU football.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Religious people shock me in how little they understand about their religions. Of course, Hell is mentioned in the bible . . . many times, depending on the translation. The Hebrew bible mentions Hell 61 times. In the KJV of the Bible the word Hell is used 54 times.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, explain to me the difference between believing the earth is flat because i am an idiot or believing it because i have faith.

some religious folks believe the earth is 5000 years old. would you say that those folks are morons? what if they said that not because of religion but because of wild misinterpretation of the evidence.

now realize that religion is exactly that, wild misinterpretation of the evidence. no different than claiming any other stupid piece of information.

you need to grow out of of the idea that you can just claim faith as a justification and magically a statement is no longer stupid.

when the muslim says that god wants him to kill, how do you know he is wrong? you dont! (well, i do, but you dont)

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Why would you give up your life, so someone can say something you don't agree with? Don't see how my "rights' benefit me when I'm dead.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

the thing is, you guys are not honest. if you were, this is how conversations might go:

me: the lsu mascot is a bear, i am sure of it.

you: no its a bengal tiger

me: nope, its a bear, i saw it on campus

you: thats wrong, you are wildly ignorant and stu..

me: (interrupting) its my faith. god told me.

you: in that case your faith must be respected and your ideas are just as valid as mine.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

One word Freedom and my children's right to it...

I am not a Military man, and if I had my life to do over I would have changed that. Biggest regret I have.

Call me an ideologue. But I would defend it no question. This is why this is the best country in the world. (Que the humming of the National Anthem)

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

This combo screams comedic potential. Either that are you are just one sick puppy.:D