Do you trust Skip Bertman?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

I do. And anyway he was not making the decision to hire Les Miles on his own. I'm sure that the group of people that made the decision has used every resource at their disposal and gotten the insight of some of the best football minds in the country to make a decision of this magnitude. I trust that the right decision has been made and I look forward the the Les Miles era of exciting and highly successful LSU football.

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I think you are giving the Board of Supervisors and Bertman more credit than the deserve. They did a sub par job, in finding a second tier HC that could take over what Saban did, but I have a feeling he will just be a Dinardo... 2 good years and then Mediocrity. I hope I am wrong.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I think that you are right.

I feel exactly like I did when we hired DiNardo.

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I agree. There was still another week to go before Skip's self-imposed deadline of Jan 12th, so I fail to see what the hurry is, especially w/ the NFL regular season ending today, and a chance to possibly interview some top assistants.

With the talent Saban leaves behind, we could hire Howdy Doody to coach this team next year and still go 9-2, so it won't be evident immediately...but I'm going to go on the record as saying that this is a bad hire. Like you, I really and truly hope I'm wrong...I've never WANTED to be wrong so much in my life. And if this man is hired, I will still continue to support the LSU football program, because it's the kids that matter, not the coach. But I can't help but feel that if this man comes in, within a couple of years, he'll have torn down everything it took Saban 5 years to build up.

5. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

Skip is really lighting up the place in terms of the HR department. For starters, he has a psycho running the basketball team, his first hire is really lighting the world up in baseball and now the Miles hire for football. My first reaction was the saban brook trout look, and then I researched Miles a little more and I have somewhat changed my opinion about him considering he has pretty much the same record coming out of OSU as JJ. As stated eariler, Chris Landry said that this was a basically a B List hire. I just wonder how aggressive Skip got on finding an A list coach???

The good ole rats used him to raise the price tag at Tiger Stadium which I was for, but other than that he pretty much sucks as an AD. I know some will critize me for saying the things about the skipper but please look past the fact that he was a legend as a baseball coach, and judge him on his job as AD.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Emerrett leaveing really hurt his University, had he not left, I believe Brady would be replaced next year with a top notch coach (Few, Barnes), Smoke would probably have 2 or 3 more years to do something in the CWS (many believe with the talent from last year even Brady could have won 1 game),if not he would be replaced also. As it sits now we have a madman, a dud, and an effigy...

7. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

I agree; Emerett leaving bad.
    Disagree; Bertman is a good evaluator of talent
    I agree Brady is a drunk, horney **** and we will be replacing him soon.

I predict record setting attendance on Tiger Forums this spring.

Thank you again Brett
    :usaflagwa :laflagwav :lsug:

8. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

I just wonder if what saban said about the politics being involvled had anything to do with his decision to leave. You know that this was a BOS hire. I feel they brought in this guy for what some have pointed out, just to have more control. IF this is the case and god I hope I am wrong, we have two or three years of good football because of what saban left then we are toast.

9. BubbleBooty

BubbleBooty Founding Member

No... he couldn't keep his mouth shut... jumped at every opportunity to talk to the media... the coaching search was too loose... evidently too many people in the loop and too many leaks. And where were the "surprise" names?... That aside, I am not against the Les Miles hire... just hope Skip stays out of his way.

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I have always trusted Bertman and still do today.

Miles may not win the National Title next year but he will be a very successful and loyal coach at LSU for years to come.