Do you wear watches?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Jan 23, 2013.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

me too but I guess that's better than blow up dolls....er, I mean shoes

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I don't wear a watch. I have little dainty queer wrists and a watch just draws attention to them.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I gave up wearing watches about a decade ago, about the time I gave up my land line phone. I haven't missed either.

I have no problems with others that wear watches though so not trying to hate on you guys.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Greek? Those are Roman numerals, dude.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I am rough on watches. Always slamming them in door jams or something. So I always bought cheap Timex watches and replaced them every 2 or 3 years. I haven't worn one regularly since getting a cell phone with perfect atomic time. I have a rugged watch that I wear when camping and don't carry a phone or its out of power. That's about it.

Rolexes and other glitter watches are jewelry and men do not wear jewelry where I come from. Spending three grand on a watch is a waste of money and I do not waste money.

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I have 3, two nice ones.....but it seems I mostly wear my Garmin Forerunner watch for everyday stuff, it's comfy I guess

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I stopped wearing a watch when they invented the cell phone. I just look at that and the time is right there on the screen.

GregLSU and Cajun Sensation like this.
  8. martin

martin Banned Forever

I have a garmin watch, not practical for daily use.

Everyone seems to use the phone but I like to look at the watch very often, can't be bothered to take the phone out of the pocket.

I look at my watch constantly, people think I am rude. When I spend time with the ladies they are always angry and will occasionally yell at me about it. Also if I am on a date or situation that makes me nervous it is really bad and makes bitches crazy.

9. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Because it probably comes off as you would rather be somewhere else and how much longer till this is over.....when in reality you are probably just nervous, have run out of things to say and wanna get outta there before you do further social damage.

Try not looking at your watch, for sure not playing on your phone and listening to the other person.....just here to help. :)

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I have a Hamilton watch from the late 1950's that belonged to my grandfather. Still works and looks great.