Dodd piece - JR overrated - LSU/USC Rose

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LuvDoc, Aug 11, 2006.

1. LuvDoc

LuvDoc Founding Member

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9595089

BCS title game (in Glendale, Ariz.), Jan. 8: Ohio State vs. West Virginia
    Rose Bowl, Jan. 1: Southern California vs. LSU
    Fiesta Bowl, Jan. 1: Texas vs. Florida State
    Orange Bowl, Jan. 2: Miami vs. Cal
    Sugar Bowl, Jan. 3: Auburn vs. Notre Dame

Although it has been only a year, Les Miles deserves credit for holding things together after Nick Saban left and two hurricanes visited.

Overrated: The ACC, any freshman until he actually plays, JaMarcus Russell, Jimmy Clausen, the spread option (defenses are catching up, ya'll), Tyrone Moss, Florida's chances of winning the SEC, Maurice Clarett's lawyers.

I guess he has us with one loss, to AU, who goes undefeated. I honestly think most of us would get more jacked about that Rose matchup than facing a product-of-the-schedule like WV in the MNC.

Interesting ramblings in the piece. Man I'm ready for Sept!

2. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

this sounds good but miles will never sniff a bcs bowl. taking a mulligan for the ut debacle has gotten old. OUTCOACHED and n~o~t~h~i~n~g to do with a ******* hurricane.
    what has miles held together but a senior laden team that already been to the big show in '03. talent alone = 11-2.

3. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Yea, screw Les Miles for dropping all of those passes last season. Bozo.

LSU-USC in the Rose Bowl? 15 miles away from my home?? I just got a little aroused at the thought.

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

How can a guy barely mentioned outside of the fanbase of the school in which he attends be overrated?

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

jackass
    n 1: a man who is a stupid incompetent fool [syn: fathead, goof, goofball, bozo, goose, cuckoo, twat, zany] 2: male donkey [syn: jack]

any questions? i didn't think so.

6. TXTigahFan

TXTigahFan Founding Member

The guy won 10 games. 61% completion percentage w/a bunch of drops. A sophmore. "Why is everyone picking on me?"

Anyone remember Rohan Davey? Remember his break out year? JR will light it up this year!!!

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

If you believe what you posted it is only because you are looking at the numbers and are not trying to stir the pot. Quit being objective and start to rely on emotional claims that can't be validated. You will otherwise be DOOMED to a life of sanity and reason!

8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Well. While I won't get into a debate on Saban vs. Miles, I will say this. How can anyone lay claim that any coach is horrid after only 1 season, in which they won 11 games? The only arguement with any grounds at all is that Miles is unproven, since he's only been here 1 season. But heck, Saban was unproven after 1 season. No one can accurately judge any coaches abilities after one season, especially with 2 hurricanes disrupting the season.

Doesn't anyone else get excited just thinking about a chance to knock up USC in a rose bowl? I know I do. Forget them saying JR is overrated, time will prove if they're right or not. But USC and LSU, rose bowl? The only thing better is if lienert and bush were still at USC. One can only dream.

Sure it's not national championship game, but it could be possibly a bigger game. We can finally bury the past if we beat the socks off USC now, and just say they've had it coming for 3+ years now.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Your negative act is getting about as stale as ramah, who nobody misses. Perhaps you will soon disappear as well. At least ramah knew something about football.

It is clear to me that you are a poser from Ole Miss or Auburn just making trouble in Tigerland.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

This one was worth repeating, great post.