Does a non SEC Champ 1 loss Mississippi State hold off a TCU/Baylor or Ohio State with 1 loss?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 23, 2014.

?

MSU hold on to the #4 spot even if they don't get to play in the SEC CG?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I hope much of what you said isn't what happens. First I don't believe what fans clamor for will have any bearing on the decision. Secondly how well a team travels shouldn't have any impact whatsoever as that isn't part of the equation either, this is a playoff not the Sugar or Rose Bowl picking a team that is going to fill hotel rooms.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I find it hard to believe that MSU will stay in if OSU wins out especially against Wiskey in the Little 10 championship game. It will be politics pure and simple not justification.
    The wild card will come next week though when the Gators end FSU's fantasy. If Fla & MSU win then MSU should stay in the final 4. Gumps, Oregon, MSU & tOSU. Hard to see Baylor or TCU getting in under any circumstance. BTW I voted MSU wouldn't make it. The wild card the committee reserved about conference championship being a measure is too much of an opportunity to ignore.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I'll correct my statement that MSU wins over teams at the bottom of their conference, those wins were over teams at the bottom of their division.

I think TCU has the stronger resume. Only thing about TCU is they give up a lot of points, more than the other 2. I am not gonna take anything away from the OSU win over Indiana. Struggled the first half, made adjustments and rolled in the end. They would have to flat out dominate Wisconsin to move into consideration. Baylor has the weaker resume but the same goes for them, they would have to throttle K-St which, I believe will happen.

Everyone wins out I think the committee will place TCU into the 4th spot. Their loss to Baylor on the road was close enough but if you really look at that game, both teams lose with 119 points scored in that game. Defensively, that was an ugly game for both teams which made for nothing more than an offensive clinic. I bet both defenses wish they could have a do over.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I hope I'm wrong and they pick the most deserving team. Still in all money talks and bullshit walks. The fact that OSU brings more media hoopla, sell better, and bring a big fan base IMO will get them in. I think MSU should be in and I hope they do make it in. If they lose to Ole Miss I think Baylor or TCU or more deserving than OSU.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Nah, the playoff is guaranteed to be a huge cash cow no matter who plays in it. The TV money is set in stone and with cities bidding for the championship game the payoff will always be huge.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Oh, pardon me. I hope you can forgive me for skimming through such an important scientific endeavor? LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes:

islstl, ThePhenom74 and COTiger like this.
  7. digestron

digestron Founding Member

Imagine how much simpler this process would be with an eight game playoff.

Rouxleaux, COTiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Good chance IF they play #1 SEC and knock out ONE SEC team.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I think it's a matter of when, not if. Does anyone know how long we are locked into 4 teams?

10. digestron

digestron Founding Member

Since it took about 20 years of begging to get the four team playoff I'd guess about 20 more years for an eight.