Does anyone else love hearing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Jun 8, 2005.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I have no idea what this hot boudin cheer people are talking about is. I'm sure once I heard it in Tiger Stadium I would know, but I'm totally lost right now.

A&M has alot of really gay stuff that they do. In a way it's kind of cool because everybody at the game does it & it's unique... but its still gay.

Why is that inflattable tiger called Ellis Hugh? That thing really is embarrassing.

2. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I'll tell you why...because to me it fits in all the other stupid myths, innuendos that surrounded the program for years. I can't tell you how glad I was that Nick Saban did away with all those stupid things like 1) can't win in purple jerseys 2) can't win on TV 3) can't win during the day ...blah blah blah. Saban solidified the fact that if LSU was going to be a top level program then it should play anywhere, anytime, in any jersey and on every medium. Dan Borne saying "The chance of rain - Never" and then it begins storming is just plain assinine. I've sat through too many LSU games in the rain. IMO it typifies the opinion that gets perpetrated in the media, especially north east media, that all people in the South are backwards ass idiots. Saying that and doing the Hot Boudin Cheer only exacerbates that belief over and over again. To me it's embarrassing, so please share why you think it is "awesome"?
    I don't want you or anyone else to misunderstand...I love legitimate traditions just as much as the next guy...the Golden Band doing pregame, Mike riding around the field, the walk down Victory Hill...those are great, legitimate traditions. I love the white jerseys, but when I was at LSU we wore purple and you know what the Tigers were great and looked great. I wish every game was a night game, but the reality of big-time college football is that you have to play anywhere at anytime because of TV revenue. Tradition is great, but tradition never won a ball game.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

The cheerleaders do it (hot boudin) before the game. i don't hear it much anymore since my student section days are over, still don't like it

Ellis Hugh= eelllllsssssssshhuuuuuuuu= LSU :thumb:

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I read this three times before I understood. I think I'm the only person I know that usually properly pronounces LSU. After a full day of drinking & in Death Valley where I can't feel my vocal cords is a different story... One of the games last year, some students where holding up their shoes. I was confused, but made up a really good story for the girl I was with. (signified hard work or some such BS :hihi: ). Then I overheard one of them saying, "LS shooooeeee" and understood. Speaking of which, I was reading one of my dad's school assignments from elementary school a while back & it said, "I want to play football for LS shoes when I grow up." :hihi: I picked on him about that for a while.

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I think your taking that stuff just a little too seriously..... :dis:

So do you not like Tiger Stadium to be called "DEATH VALLEY" .....by your logic its a stupid tradition because no one actually DIES in DEATH VALLEY.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Auburn fans would beg to differ. Apparently, we sacrifice opposing teams' grandmothers & children. :hihi:

7. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Not the best chant in the world- but here it goes-

"Hot boudin, cold coos coos, C'mon Tigers Push Push Push!!"

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

OHHHHHH. Now I know which one ya'll are talking about. Oh it's even worse than ya'll described it. Ewww. I had no idea it said "hot boudin, cold coos coos". It always sounds like, "mumble mumble mumble coosh coosh, C'mon Tigers poosh poosh poosh." I don't even know what coos coos is.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Cous cous is cornbread fried (burnt) in the pan usually served with coffee or milk in a bowl. Weaker stomachs add sugar.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is a sad thread knowing these are supposed LSU fans.