Does anyone in here think that JaMarcus Russell could throw for 4,000 yards?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerPrideLSU, Jan 25, 2004.

1. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

I think that if our running game wasn't as strong as it was, JaMarcus could throw for 4,000 yards in a season with all of our receivers we have. Of course, JaMarcus has never played a down of college football, but from what everyone says, he's the real deal.

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I think I could throw for 4000 yards with the receivers we have :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. TigerPrideLSU

I agree with you, but the quarterback has to get the ball to the receivers. If he can't get it to them, then our receivers would be worthless.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He will throw for at least 3000 yards, which if you think about it would be awesome. Mauck didn't throw for 3,000 this year. So this would be a great achievement.

He would throw for 4,000 but we will mix in the run way too much to have him get to that mark.

210 yards per game rushing, 275 yards per game passing. 485 total. That would put us in the top 5 for sure.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Don't count out Flynn just yet. He is a smart, smart kid. I am not saying Jamarcus isn't, but from what I take, Flynn was quick to learn the system.

6. TigerPrideLSU

I said JaMarcus because everyone is saying that he is the favorite for it right now and that everyone thinks he is our future QB. I think Matt Flynn can do just as good as Russell can. Man, I can't wait until spring practice. Does anyone know the first day of spring practice?

7. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I honestly can't wait for the Spring game this year. I think we will have a record number in attendence this year, and yes JaMarcus and Matt Both can throw for over 3000 yards if they have the kind of season they are capable of.

8. mgreer1

mgreer1 Founding Member

I heard Flynn picked up the offense faster because it is more designed to Mauck(a little more QB running). Russell is not going to run for any extra yardage more of a Rohan type. I think someone will come out above the rest in spring and the offense will be altered accordingly.

Speaking of Russell I went to the REC center the other night and shot around with T. Daniels, Spears, and D. Jones. Then in walks this dude head and shoulders above everyone. It was Russell seemed to be a quiet guy. He is not only tall but big. I am 6ft and was looking up to him. WOW!!!

In highschool my basketball coach would say they have a 6-8 guy and he is the waterboy. I guess the same can now be said for LSU except a 6-6 QB of course.

9. TigerPrideLSU

REC Center? What REC Center?

10. mgreer1

mgreer1 Founding Member

Its on campus and the players have been going there alot right now. Spears and Daniels told me they were glad to get a little break from football.