Does anyone in here think that JaMarcus Russell could throw for 4,000 yards?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerPrideLSU, Jan 25, 2004.

1. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Where at on campus is the REC Center? I don't know what you're talking about. Is it a public place or like a players only type of deal?

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Lost in this QB situation is that we still have Randall. He will be a senior next season and have had valuable experience in the system. Remember he did start in 7 games in 2002. He may not have looked very good in 2002 but he had spring practice in 2003, the 2003 season and now spring practice to get better. He is a good moible QB who can pass or run. Remember the Cotton Bowl, he had an over 60 yard run. By that game he actually look pretty good but Mauck came back from his injury and took the job back. Going into spring practice look for Randall to be #1 on the depth chart and don't be suprised to see him starting the first game of next season. With our hard 3 game road strech next season against Auburn Georgia and Florida, we need a QB who has been in pressure situations before and Randall has. Until otherwise stated by Saban Randall is probably the #1 QB.

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

LOL, they've anointed Russell already. Matt Flynn will go into Spring ball @ #2 behind Randall. Those spring results will determine the Depth Chart for Fall ... PERIOD. Randall will start until he's placed on the bench by a better performer. It will be exciting to see how this plays out.

This past year's Offense = 54 TDs, 426.5 YPG, 238.8 Pass 187.8 Run.

That's pretty damn good for the SEC. Folks who think we'll roll up 500 yards offense in the SEC are dreaming with the talent this league has in it.

We'll be ECSTATIC with another 400+ YPG Offense and another great defense even close to the one we had in 2004.

4. DeathValley

I this case as of right now Randall is the best available. He has been in the system the longest and has NCAA game experience. These two factors make him the easy #1 on the depth chart.

5. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Yes, he has had more experience as a quarterback, but he won't lead us to the promise land. I'm not saying JaMarcus or Matt Flynn definitely will, but they are both more talented than Marcus Randall. The starting QB will be Russell or Flynn. Marcus is a great guy, don't get me wrong, but he won't be playing much quarterback this coming up season.

6. DeathValley

People thought that Mauck could not lead us to the promised land but look what happened. All I am saying is that it is Randalls job to loose. He will start the season at QB. At the end of the season it could be a different story but for now Randall is the #1.

7. max

max Founding Member

Did someone say Randall can pass and run? By pass, you don't mean accurately, do you? Yes, Randall has more experience, but he showed no visible improvement throughout his game experience. Mauck was clearly the better of the two. Mauck does not have a good arm, but he is a winner who will not lose a game for you. He makes good decisions and his short passing game was enough to take this talented team all the way. Like Mauck, Randall is inaccurate with long passes, but he made bad decisions and his short passing game was poor. I have nothing against Randall personally. I support him for what he has done for LSU, but it is about what is best for the team. Chris Leak was not the most experienced quarterback on the team. Look what that Parade All-American did as a true freshman. Why can't Russell, a fellow Parade All-American, do the same? If I am wrong and Randall has somehow improved dramatically since the La. Tech game, I will be happy to admit I was wrong. That will mean we have a good quarterback in Randall, so I will be happy to admit it. Experience is nice but talent trumps it. There are alot of 2nd string NFL quarterbacks with 10 years experience who back up guys with a couple years of experience. Why? Because, it is about talent. Chad White had a great tackle in the NC and is a great story. I am very proud of him as a Tiger, but why were two true freshmen ahead of him on the depth chart? He had more experience, didn't he?

8. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

same could be said about the walk on QBs, but that doesnt make them #1

Randal couldnt move the ball against la tech...and we all know what a joke they are.

i wish Randal would play some safety or....something? because i really want him to get some playing time.

9. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Just curious, what makes you guys believe that our current stock of up and coming receivers is better than Michael Clayton and Devery Henderson were, when both of them will be chosen in the first round of the NFL draft?

10. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

now, that, is a good post

football is cut throat....just because you've been around longer doesnt mean you deserve anything. if youre a senior and a freshman is better than you....tough luck